Sitka recommendations

JasonL

Since "winging" it probably won't be allowed this year, I need to find ship sponsored excursions as a safety net. 

So... I'm looking for Sitka ship sponsored excursion recommendations. We enjoy seeing nature and hiking, and really don't wanna be in a herd of tourists. Any ideas?

Ship excursion tends to be a herd of turtles.   They make money by creating mass people events.  There are private Royal tours that may be more affordable than you would think for a small group depending what your budget is.

I took a Royal excursion there that was a combination of things.  There were several such multi-stop excursions so some of my stops may be found on other tours.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/12630-ovation-goes-north-way-north-to-alaska-11-nights-may-13-2019/&do=findComment&comment=125207

My brother and I thoroughly enjoyed a kayak excursion we took in Sitka. Take your time and take in all there is to see. This activity will meet your love of nature and provide a little less of a herd feeling. We saw a mama bear and her cubs, another adult bear, and at least a dozen eagles. One of those eagles swooped down and plucked a salmon out of the water no more than 25 feet away from us.