Athens, Greece

fonemanbob

We will be on Brilliance of the Seas and in port on Sept. 29, 2016.   We are using P K travel in Athens for a full day semi private tour.  The tour lasts 8-9 hrs. and costs $ 65.00 (euros).  They pick you up at the dock and head directly to the Acropolis.   They have never missed a cruise ship leaving port.  Each vehicle holds 8-10 guests.  They are top rated and very personable.   Come join us just contact P K travel Greece and sign up.     I originally had 96 Euros .

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on Brilliance of the Seas and in port on Sept. 29, 2016.   We are using P K travel in Athens for a full day semi private tour.  The tour lasts 8-9 hrs. and costs $ 96.00 (euros).  They pick you up at the dock and head directly to the Acropolis.   They have never missed a cruise ship leaving port.  Each vehicle holds 8-10 guests.  They are top rated and very personable.   Come join us just contact P K travel Greece and sign up.

Hi I am on the same ship same date, I have been to Athens twice, lots of walking not too god for disabled passengers as rather hilly. Much ceaper PK travel than ships tours

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are going in November on Vision out of Venice and someone in our Roll Call for that trip suggested we take the public train from the port to the all the ruins in downtown Athens. She also said renting a car is cheap (so I reserved one and she's right, it's cheap...but driving in Greece I am not sure about) .......and yes our cruise fare was astonishingly cheap...had I not upgraded the airfare would have been more expensive...

• 1 month later...

Having a licensed tour guide is invaluable at best.  More so having a driver who lives there and drives tours daily for a living is worth the cost of this tour alone.    P K Travel is the # 2 tour company in Greece so I think we made a good choice.  

Hi fonemanbob...when you have an opportunity, I'd love to hear about your Greek Isle cruise and the Athens tour with PK Travel.  We're doing a similar itinerary on Jewel next June.  Thanks!

We used P K travel and were extremely happy that we did.  We were the only 2 with the driver and a licensed tour guide who was excellent.  It was a bit pricey as there were no others to sign up for the tour. We saw sights that were not in other tours. I would sign up now on their web sight  for the tour that you are interested in.  In Santorini, Greece we did the Santorini wine tour that was awesome.  It was a tour of 3 wineries.  There were 8 people total on the tour.  I stated to the other 6 people who were half  our age that I wish that what we learned that day we had learned 30  plus years ago. The sommelier was phenomenal.  We did the R C tour in Rome of the Vatican etc. which was also  pricey but worth every penny.   In Barcelona were we stayed before and after the cruise we did the Full day tour and Montserant.  Excellent tour.  In Ephesus, Turkey we did the R C tour that takes you to the house of the Virgin Mary.  Another great tour by R C.   In Malta the R C tour that included Medina glass works.  Beautiful glass work. We bought some and had it shipped.   The two private tours were excellent and in the future we will use more non ship tours.   No problem at all in Santorini with taking the gondolas up and down the mountain as we were the only ship in the harbor that day.  We checked repeatedly with the port schedule to make sure there were no other ships in port that  day so as to make the last tender back to the ship. It is a lot of walking up and down and cobblestone pavements on all of the tours.  We were fortunate not to gain any weight on a 12 day cruise due to all of the walking involved on those tours.   Personally I have had a total knee and hip replaced and said to the wife after the 2nd day of tours that I made it through those days and knew I would make it thru the rest of the days and did with no problems.  Yes it was the cruise of a lifetime and worth every penny.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...