Price drops

I have 2 cruises next year one in April 2021 on Allure in a balcony which I believe was $200 less and then several months later I upgraded to a JS for $718 more than the balcony which was still a deal & was a lower price compared to what it would have cost when I had booked a balcony on Allure when I had originally booked a Central Park balcony; the reason that my allure cruise in a JS has a remaining balance due of less than $900 is because both guest on the reservation had future cruise credit and we both had chose to use some of the future cruise credit toward this sailing.

My next sailing after allure is on Mariner in December 2021 in a GS for a price difference of $140 less 

2 hours ago, Heath said:

NEVER BEEN ON A CRUISE.  UNFAMILIAR WITH PRICES

If anytime after you book the cruise and final payment date there could be price drops and if you make a mock booking for the exact same ship, sail date, length of cruise, amount of people on the reservation (kids+adults) room category (interior, oceanview, balcony, or suite) then select the type of room you want from the category you choose & then in the upper right corner (if using a computer) or if you tab on the 3 lines in the upper left corner (if using a smartphone), but if you use a computer or smart phone you will see what the current price of the cruise is just by creating a mock booking just by using the exact same ship name, length of cruise, number of people on the reservation (kids+adults), room category & room type, & if the cruise has a price drop that is lower that when you booked you can either tell your travel agent (if you used one) that you want the cheaper price and they will get you the lower price or you can call royal Caribbean (if you booked directly with them) and provide them with your booking number and then tell them that you would like the lower price.

We L&S'd our Allure cruise from this September to the exact same cruise, same week, on Harmony in September 2021. At the time we did that, the going rate on Harmony was almost $1,000 more than our price.

Since then, it has definitely come down a good bit in price, varying roughly between $250 and $350 more than our rate depending on whatever "sale" is happening at the time.

I have to say we got an absolutely cracking price when we made our original booking literally two days before the whole C-mess kicked off in Italy so I doubt we will see it go lower, but I check hopefully at least once every couple of days. You never know...??

Yes...our Freedom August cruise is the one where we've received many price drops.  In fact, I have a total of 20 invoices ? For this cruise, we started out in an interior, and then upgraded a few times .  Now we have a spacious balcony, which is around what we originally paid for the interior.  (KSF helps).  This is our only cruise though that has had that many changes in price.  Not sure why, but I'll take any price drop.

I have received a few price drops here and there for 2021 sailings.  The most significant was for SY August 2021, almost $2000 on the RLS.  But that was a few months ago.  I feel like Freedom out of NJ for summer 2021 was priced really, really high off the bat upon release.  Maybe that is the reason as well for the price drop you are seeing on Freedom.

3 hours ago, Bakerette said:

If anytime after you book the cruise and final payment date there could be price drops and if you make a mock booking for the exact same ship, sail date, length of cruise, amount of people on the reservation (kids+adults) room category (interior, oceanview, balcony, or suite) then select the type of room you want from the category you choose & then in the upper right corner (if using a computer) or if you tab on the 3 lines in the upper left corner (if using a smartphone), but if you use a computer or smart phone you will see what the current price of the cruise is just by creating a mock booking just by using the exact same ship name, length of cruise, number of people on the reservation (kids+adults), room category & room type, & if the cruise has a price drop that is lower that when you booked you can either tell your travel agent (if you used one) that you want the cheaper price and they will get you the lower price or you can call royal Caribbean (if you booked directly with them) and provide them with your booking number and then tell them that you would like the lower price.

Any tips on how to check possible price changes on a sold out room type? Apparently all suites are sold out for the 9/2021 cruise I have booked....

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Any tips on how to check possible price changes on a sold out room type? Apparently all suites are sold out for the 9/2021 cruise I have booked....

There really isn't any way, except to call, if the category is sold out.  You can get a rough estimate of what it MIGHT be based on other category changes but only Royal (or your TA) can give you a definite price on a sold out category.

23 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have received a few price drops here and there for 2021 sailings.  The most significant was for SY August 2021, almost $2000 on the RLS.  But that was a few months ago.  I feel like Freedom out of NJ for summer 2021 was priced really, really high off the bat upon release.  Maybe that is the reason as well for the price drop you are seeing on Freedom.

We have been watching this cruise for Sept to Bermuda....but it hasn't come to a price that I would be wiling to pay even yet even for September, hurricane season!...can't imagine how high it started at if its dropped 20x!

50 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

We have been watching this cruise for Sept to Bermuda....but it hasn't come to a price that I would be wiling to pay even yet even for September, hurricane season!...can't imagine how high it started at if its dropped 20x!

I think I recall both you and I saying when Freedom (out of NJ) itineraries were first released that the prices were unbelievably high.  I wanted to book Freedom for summer 2021 but decided against it because of that.  I still think it is priced too high.  I ended up booking a 5 nighter on Oasis (06/06/21) to try to get out to the East Coast instead.  Hopefully we can get onto that sailing by June.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think I recall both you and I saying when Freedom (out of NJ) itineraries were first released that the prices were unbelievably high.  I wanted to book Freedom for summer 2021 but decided against it because of that.  I still think it is priced too high.  I ended up booking a 5 nighter on Oasis (06/06/21) to try to get out to the East Coast instead.  Hopefully we can get onto that sailing by June.

Yes...we have been watching those cruises/prices for awhile as we really want to get to Bermuda for a cruise, and being able to drive there would be a huge savings for us...but the prices are very high..even inside cabins are expensive still.....even if we did  Enchantment out of Baltimore, i find those expensive for an older ship and almost 50% less time in Bermuda compared to a Freedom cruise as well...

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Yes...we have been watching those cruises/prices for awhile as we really want to get to Bermuda for a cruise, and being able to drive there would be a huge savings for us...but the prices are very high..even inside cabins are expensive still.....even if we did  Enchantment out of Baltimore, i find those expensive for an older ship and almost 50% less time in Bermuda compared to a Freedom cruise as well...

The fees and taxes are a quite lot on our Bermuda Freedom cruise compared with any other cruise.  Maybe since it's an overnight?  This of course makes the overall price.  But the overall pricing has dropped a nice amount since booking it last December.

Yeah..I see the taxes are higher than most other cruises that make way more stops at ports..so not sure if its cause its overnighting or Bermuda just charges more.....lol

I will be watching...like to book before the end of 2020 to get those double points too, but need some things to fall into place...