How do we reserve dining and showtimes prior to embarkation?

R.T.

My family has booked our first cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. We have heard that it is wise to pre-book show and dinner reservations prior to sailing. We have selected the “My Time Dining” option and would prefer to reserve a table in the later evening hours. Is it possible to reserve a table and showtimes prior to embarkation? If so, when and where is the option available? 

Yes you can reserve reservations for my time dining by logging into your cruise planner & clicking on dining then click on plan all dining which is at the top of the dining tab on the cruise planner or you can scroll down to my time dining and then schedule dining for every night at different times for each night of the cruise.

17 minutes ago, R.T. said:

Do you know if we could make reservations for onboard showtimes prior to embarkation?

Reservations for shows is not available on Navigator.  First come, first serve.  There are dedicated seating areas for those who purchased The Key.  Don't miss the Ice Show.  Enjoy your cruise!

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, not on NAV.  Shows are first come, first served on all ships except for Oasis and Quantum class.  No advance reservations.

Is this true when on board?  Zero reservations for shows except for Quantum and Oasis class?  We are on Indy this coming July and Grease is a must.  What would be a suggestion for how soon do you get in line to make sure to get a spot for the show?

4 hours ago, DublinFC said:

Is this true when on board?  Zero reservations for shows except for Quantum and Oasis class?  We are on Indy this coming July and Grease is a must.  What would be a suggestion for how soon do you get in line to make sure to get a spot for the show?

Still true on board.  For shows in the main theater, getting in line early only matters if you have someplace very specific you want to sit (like front row, or dead center).  In general, the main theater is not going to run out of seats so they don't bother with reservations.  For smaller venues like the ice arena, it's possible for seats to run out so you may want to get in line earlier, but I've never had an issue.

20 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Still true on board.  For shows in the main theater, getting in line early only matters if you have someplace very specific you want to sit (like front row, or dead center).  In general, the main theater is not going to run out of seats so they don't bother with reservations.  For smaller venues like the ice arena, it's possible for seats to run out so you may want to get in line earlier, but I've never had an issue.

good to know, I will make sure to be on the look out for times when we are on board. The ice shows are of interest too

On 11/9/2020 at 6:38 PM, DublinFC said:

Agree with the previous post re: 'Grease' - this was very popular on indy and the queue was massive, even for the afternoon show!!