The first Singapore "Cruise to nowhere" sets sail today on the World Dream.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/singapores-first-cruise-to-nowhere-sets-sail-with-safety-measures-in-place-to-prevent-coronavirus-outbreaks-2321753

All tickets were sold  but it was limited to less than third of its capacity. 

The cruise will be a 3 day cruise, lets hope it will be a good experience and will pave the road for RCL cruises which suppose to start in Singapore next month. 

On 11/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, Traveler said:

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/singapores-first-cruise-to-nowhere-sets-sail-with-safety-measures-in-place-to-prevent-coronavirus-outbreaks-2321753

All tickets were sold  but it was limited to less than third of its capacity. 

The cruise will be a 3 day cruise, lets hope it will be a good experience and will pave the road for RCL cruises which suppose to start in Singapore next month. 

All Aboard: Singapore 'Cruise To Nowhere' Sets Sail

Passengers arrive at the departure area at Marina Bay Cruise Centre in Singapore.

Singapore: 

"The fact that you carry your luggage and you bring your passport out, I guess it's just the mindset that you're going on holiday," he told AFP.  

- Does this mean they do not check baggage?   For a shorty, certainly makes sense - carry-on would be easier, but was wondering the protocol for the baggage side.  Are there baggage handlers?  Do they run bags through a sterilization process like a UV light?  

22 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Does this mean they do not check baggage?

Cruise to nowhere.  Given the season and short nature I don't think many would choose to check luggage.  Prior to the shutdown short FL based cruises observed most guests using carry on. 

I wouldn't interpret this to mean they have required all guests to carry on.  Hopefully as Quantum progresses we'll hear more details.    

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Cruise to nowhere.  Given the season and short nature I don't think many would choose to check luggage.  Prior to the shutdown short FL based cruises observed most guests using carry on. 

I wouldn't interpret this to mean they have required all guests to carry on.  Hopefully as Quantum progresses we'll hear more details.    

We've done carry/on-off and its easy on a short  cruise when you don't pack for formal night.   

• 2 weeks later...