My experience with lift and shift

So, my December cruise was canceled and I had no sailings that I could move it to (there were no itineraries for December of next year) so, the agent moved me to a Symphony of the Seas sailing on 12/11/21. It wasn't going to the same places but it was still out of Miami. Just to let yall know that it doesn't have to be the same itinerary or same ship. Length has to be the same as well as no holiday sailings are permitted.  

18 hours ago, Pooch said:

Yup, moved my 3/21 Rhapsody out of Tampa to a 3/22 Harmony out of Port Canaveral.  So doesn't even have to be same departure port.  And got the new cruise for half price!

Wow great deal!  I looked into a possible L&S for my April 2021 cruise on Navigator but was only offered the EXACT same ship and itinerary for April 2022...was told no other options are available to me because my exact cruise is available (only difference is the port changed).  I was told I couldn't even choose the same itinerary and port (different ship!) that I had to keep the same ship.  ?   So I have not made the decision yet to do this.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:10 PM, Pooch said:

Have you tried to look through the lift & shift link on the RC site?  Or did you call?  I'm guessing there are many more sailings available and would not take the word of a phone CSR.

I called and yes I did see several other same itinerary cruises but the staffer I spoke to told me since the Navigator has identical cruise then that is the one I have to L&S to even though it will have changed ports by then.  I will try calling again and see if I get same response from next person.   Thanks

4 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I called and yes I did see several other same itinerary cruises but the staffer I spoke to told me since the Navigator has identical cruise then that is the one I have to L&S to even though it will have changed ports by then.  I will try calling again and see if I get same response from next person.   Thanks

A bit of misinformation, I think.  You can definitely change ships and port of origin.  The thing that they seem to be a stickler on is that the itinerary must be "called" the same thing (eastern, southern, western) and must be the same number of days.  You cannot shift to a holiday cruise if your original booking was not a holiday cruise.  Good lulck