Star and non-star Passengers Traveling Together

Chuck586

We are booked for the Oasis in June in a Star Class cabin.  We understand all of the "perks" that we are paying for as part of that room.  

Our question centers around the fact that we will have family members on board who will not be in a star class cabin.  On those days when we would like to eat together at one of the specialty restaurants will our genie arrange for reservations for our entire group including the non-star passengers?  

I am just trying to understand the logistics and don't expect the family members to get some kind of service that they did not pay for but we also don't want to end up at Chops at the same time but at tables on the opposite end of the restaurant.

Thanks all for your experience!

Congratulations on the Star Class.  You will be ruined for life....but that's a good thing !

Officially, the Genie is only able to make arrangements for their Star Class passengers.  Unofficially, they will certainly do things like make reservations for the entire group at a specialty restaurant.  If dining reservations are made for non-SC pax, just realize that those not in SC will be required to pay for their meals and drinks.  What the Genie may or may not do are things like hold seats at venues (theaters, etc.) for non-SC pax. 

Honestly, it has a lot to do with how many non-SC folks we are talking about.  If we are talking about onesies and twosies, I have great confidence that the Genie will go out of their way to include everyone.  If we are talking about multiple cabins and many people, it would be much more difficult for the Genie to do.  We have traveled with non-SC friends many times and the Genie has always accommodated us....but we were also careful not to place the Genie into a situation where they weren't comfortable.  For dining....absolutely, I'm certain it would not be a problem.  

I will offer one bit of insight that my last Genie shared.  The Genies are VERY careful to NEVER put anything in writing that violates their "rules".  So, if you correspond with your Genie and ask them to do something that is a violation of the rules, they will NOT correspond back to you with an answer that violates the rules.  This also goes for conversations over the phone and texts.  Once you are onboard and you can chat face-to-face with the Genie, I have never had a Genie that wasn't completely helpful with my non-SC pax....but again, this was never more than 2 people.  My rule of thumb is to advise my Genie that there will be non-SC pax in my group, but never expect or ask for the Genie to acknowledge that or "discuss" in writing, that fact.  Trust me....your Genie wants you happy...and they will do whatever they can to make that happen.  But don't ask them to take a bunch of non-SC kids to the front of the bumper car line.

Probably the best way to include non-SC pax in your party is to have the Genie arrange a gathering in your suite.  There are no limitations placed on the Genie to prevent them from having as much food and [applicable] drinks brought to your suite as you could ever want.  I say "applicable" b/c, as SC pax, you are entitled to virtually unlimited amounts of water, soda, beer and juice brought to your cabin.  However, if you want wine or liquor, you have to pay for that and liquor is only available in individual drinks...no bottles of liquor are allowed.  But food ?  You can order as much as often as you want.  If members of your non-SC group want to enjoy SC benefits, that's the best way and puts the Genie in the least uncomfortable position.

Enjoy your SC cruise !

Thanks for the reply.  My family of 4 is traveling with 2 of my wife's sisters who are sharing a balcony room.  They purchased the unlimited dining and unlimited beverages plan so there would not be any issues expected in terms of riding on our check etc.  I am just hoping to coordinate the dinners together at a table for six instead of four.  

What is your experience about inviting folks to the coastal kitchen?  I understand that we can do that as well.  Have you ever had any instances with that?

Again, thanks for your wisdom!!

14 minutes ago, Chuck586 said:

Thanks for the reply.  My family of 4 is traveling with 2 of my wife's sisters who are sharing a balcony room.  They purchased the unlimited dining and unlimited beverages plan so there would not be any issues expected in terms of riding on our check etc.  I am just hoping to coordinate the dinners together at a table for six instead of four.  

What is your experience about inviting folks to the coastal kitchen?  I understand that we can do that as well.  Have you ever had any instances with that?

Again, thanks for your wisdom!!

You will have NO problem then.  Let the Genie know ahead of time that your sisters-in-law will be along but don't ask for or expect any acknowledgement up front.  They will be included...I'm sure of it.

44 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Congratulations on the Star Class.  You will be ruined for life....but that's a good thing !

Officially, the Genie is only able to make arrangements for their Star Class passengers.  Unofficially, they will certainly do things like make reservations for the entire group at a specialty restaurant.  If dining reservations are made for non-SC pax, jut realize that those not in SC will be required to pay for their meals and drinks.  What the Genie may or may not do are things like hold seats at venues (theaters, etc.) for non-SC pax. 

Honestly, it has a lot to do with how many non-SC folks we are talking about.  If we are talking about onesies and twosies, I have great confidence that the Genie will go out of their way to include everyone.  If we are talking about multiple cabins and many people, it would be much more difficult for the Genie to do.  We have traveled with non-SC friends many times and the Genie has always accommodated us....but we were also careful not to place the Genie into a situation where they weren't comfortable.  For dining....absolutely, I'm certain it would not be a problem.  

I will offer one bit of insight that my last Genie shared.  The Genies are VERY careful to NEVER put anything in writing that violates their "rules".  So, if you correspond with your Genie and ask them to do something that is a violation of the rules, they will NOT correspond back to you with an answer that violates the rules.  This also goes for conversations over the phone and texts.  Once you are onboard and you can chat face-to-face with the Genie, I have never had a Genie that wasn't completely helpful with my non-SC pax....but again, this was never more than 2 people.  My rule of thumb is to advise my Genie that there will be non-SC pax in my group, but never expect or ask for the Genie to acknowledge that or "discuss" in writing, that fact.  Trust me....your Genie wants you happy...and they will do whatever they can to make that happen.  But don't ask them to take a bunch of non-SC kids to the front of the bumper car line.

Probably the best way to include non-SC pax in your party is to have the Genie arrange a gathering in your suite.  There are no limitations placed on the Genie to prevent them from having as much food and [applicable] drinks brought to your suite as you could ever want.  I say "applicable" b/c, as SC pax, you are entitled to virtually unlimited amounts of water, soda, beer and juice brought to your cabin.  However, if you want wine or liquor, you have to pay for that and liquor is only available in individual drinks...no bottles of liquor are allowed.  But food ?  You can order as much as often as you want.  If members of your non-SC group want to enjoy SC benefits, that's the best way and puts the Genie in the least uncomfortable position.

Enjoy your SC cruise !