Would you volunteer for a test cruise? (Survey only - Not a place to apply)

Matt

12 minutes ago, MuttMutt said:

I thought the cdc was not allowing employees to act as volunteers because of the employment tie.  It's kinda hard to be a volunteer when you are volunteering for whomever writes your paycheck. 

All the "pick me" people are a pain but I think the cdc will have the final ruling on that decision. 

Royals first prerequisite was reading comprehension, so all these people failed

Yeah, looks like I was correct and not long after they made an announcement either a lawyer or the CDC themselves made contact and said it doesn't work that way.

I am also guessing they will probably prioritize Crown and Anchor members over general public.  Why do I say this, well if you have been on a cruise with them you know some of how things work and are less likely to do things that will cause issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but only if they did not require me to be tracked and traced everywhere I went on the ship.  If they did not require any mask mandates.  If they did not require a virus test (which is proven to be false - positive).  If they did not require a vaccine.

Kind of like pre-mid-March 2020 when we were allowed to roam free on the ship with just our sea pass card, no mask, no testing, no vaccine.

The good ole' days.

59 minutes ago, SandyW said:

Yes, but only if they did not require me to be tracked and traced everywhere I went on the ship.  If they did not require any mask mandates.  If they did not require a virus test (which is proven to be false - positive).  If they did not require a vaccine.

Kind of like pre-mid-March 2020 when we were allowed to roam free on the ship with just our sea pass card, no mask, no testing, no vaccine.

The good ole' days.

You from Florida? Based on everything I know about Florida and how they've treated the pandemic, this screams Floridian, with a 1% chance of South Dakota. Hope you didn't send this from a smart phone 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 8:27 PM, CruisinForABruisin said:

You from Florida? Based on everything I know about Florida and how they've treated the pandemic, this screams Floridian, with a 1% chance of South Dakota. Hope you didn't send this from a smart phone 

Yes from Florida.  I guess it depends on the news feed that you watch and where you get the information on how the cases are, etc.  And no, not sending from stupid cell phone.  LOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went back and forth on this a while back and am now at the point where I would certainly consider going on a test cruise for the following reasons:

1. We've learned a lot about COVID
2. Royal has been sailing overseas without any major issues
3. I have both of my vaccine doses
4. I need to get out of the house ?

we were comfortable cruising even during the early days, because we know how we cruise and we felt that with masks, social distancing, and sanitation measures, that we could do it safely without issue.  Our bigger issue was getting to the port and spending the night, but we think that is now able to be done fairly easily.  

The concern that many people may still have is that you can be a "carrier" of COVID and we certainly do not want to bring it back to our loved ones, so as as more people get access to the vaccine that will help as well.

Thanks and stay safe!

• 1 month later...