Would you volunteer for a test cruise? (Survey only - Not a place to apply)

Matt

This thread just gets funnier and funnier.  Best one in a long time.  I too would like to volunteer.  However, I think the best way to trial all of these protocols is to test them under the most severe conditions.

I volunteer to captain which ever ship is chosen.  The largest ship I have been at the helm is a 17.5 ft Norseboat.  I have never tipped it (although I have come vey close).  I honestly say I would be, by far, the worst captain in the fleet.  Still, we need to have the worst conditions at sea to really stress the systems.  I will be bringing along some help:

• Chief Medical Officer: Major Frank Burns (all you young people can look it up).
  • Master Lookout:  Mister Magoo
  • Anti-Piracy Watch: Jack Sparrow
  • Navigator: My Mom (I loved her dearly, but she never took the same route home for our trips from Plattsburgh).

?

CAPTAIN CURT FROM CANADA

As a glass half-full kind of guy, I think @Matt may have accidentally provided RCG an invaluable service: a database of individuals who should ABSOLUTELY 100% NOT be involved on a test cruise due to an inability to process information and/or follow directions.  I'd think Dr. Johnson, Dr. Gottlieb and the rest of the Healthy Sail Panel would appreciate dodging this entire magazine worth of bullets.

I'm in !!!! I have been working  through  all  covid.  I'm in   retail store and I'm  good and  ready for a  vacation.  I made it this far without   covid . I'm going to  be fine ?  so yes would love to be part  of your trial.   I  need peace ✌ 

Edited by Skyi
Miss spelling

Absolutely! Life is too short to live in fear, so if this is necessary to get the cruising industry up and running, I'm all for it. I have traveled to both Turkey and Mexico over the last few months, and they both took all of the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of Covid. I felt safe. The cruise industry must do the same. Future sailings may not be ideal or what we've experienced in the past, but for those of us who love cruising, we will adapt and do what we must to get on these boats again.

Yes, this seems like a great opportunity! My wife has never been on a cruise and I owe her a second honeymoon after 22 years of putting up with me. lol I spent 5 years in the navy and love the water, can't wait to get back on a ship, and you have beautiful ships.

I would love to volunteer for a test cruise. I feel that it is a responsibility for the cruise lines to sail with the passengers safety in mind and it is a very serious responsibility. I was a Red Cross volunteer for two years and being deployed on almost a dozen disasters, I have the right mind set and ability to cary out instructions that are extremely important. This would be a fantastic oppertunity to do something good and possibly enjoy it at the same time

Sure. Odds are my 5 day out of Galveston will be canceled. Gonna roll that into an 8 day if it's still listed and if that is canceled gonna try and roll that into an 11 day. 

Can't live my life in a bubble. I know someone who won't even go to the store to get groceries or anything. All has to be delivered and wiped down etc.   I head to the store and use a P100 set of filters. With all the screening they have to do I doubt it's going to be an issue on the ships. Plus could be fun going through all the dogs and such. Cause you know they have to go through multiple simulations for training what they need to do