Would you volunteer for a test cruise? (Survey only - Not a place to apply)

Matt

42 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Looking through these posts it seems that many think this is a place to apply to be a volunteer. 

I get that impression too. I wonder why, though? I went back and reread Matt's original post and can't see anything in there to suggest such a thing. 

45 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I get that impression too. I wonder why, though? I went back and reread Matt's original post and can't see anything in there to suggest such a thing. 

Maybe that lead post needs a giant disclaimer in GREAT BIG RED LETTERS to inform them. The other posts in the thread reminding folks that this isn't the place to volunteer surely aren't working.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Good grief. Looking through these posts it seems that many think this is a place to apply to be a volunteer.  They really don't understand what this site is.

The information  that I have received from an unreliable source is that volunteers will have to complete a 15 page application form and submit that, along with their Social Security number, credit card information, and a copy of their current resume by email to duped@RCCL.com by midnight, November 30 (or the date that the presidential election is resolved, whichever is sooner).  The selection committee will consist of RCCL employees from all walks of the company including sales/marketing, customer service and upper level administration,... and maybe Matt. 

I feel like most people who are volunteering have read the info that this isn’t a thread for that, but they are “just in case” because others did  

I’m not educated in psychology (or whatever) enough, but there must be a term for this whole herd mentality/fomo 

Definitely would love to volunteer! I am aware there will.be testing and tasks, but id love to do my part to help.  I want to get back to cruising asap! 

I live in forida, so ports are easy for me to get to and I'm self employeed, so I can take as much time off as needed.

I think RCCL should choose volunteers from Crown And Anchor members.  We've been loyal to royal for decades and this would be a nice way to not only fulfill the CDC requirements, but also to say thank you for being so loyal to royal! 

Edited by Tammy Rowan
Added location

I would gladly test out the new protocol's on a cruise. I've never been on a cruise before and do understand bthere are alot of tasks to make sure that the safety for other passengers is in place. I would love to see the plans for covid safety and even give some input on how I believe things can go smoother or help more. I am a business owner of 15 years and have been through a lot of different situations including covid and I had to prepare and try different things to get to where I am today. 

3 hours ago, DDemuth said:

The information  that I have received from an unreliable source is that volunteers will have to complete a 15 page application form and submit that, along with their Social Security number, credit card information, and a copy of their current resume by email to duped@RCCL.com by midnight, November 30 (or the date that the presidential election is resolved, whichever is sooner).  The selection committee will consist of RCCL employees from all walks of the company including sales/marketing, customer service and upper level administration,... and maybe Matt. 

Thanks. Not remotely related to what I said, but thank you ?

4 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Maybe that lead post needs a giant disclaimer in GREAT BIG RED LETTERS to inform them. The other posts in the thread reminding folks that this isn't the place to volunteer surely aren't working.

I tried to use LARGER PURPLE FONT but that was a lost cause.  It appears that GREAT BIG RED LETTERS are as well.  Oh well, I give up on this one lol.

On 11/4/2020 at 9:23 AM, Matt said:

One of the CDC's requirements are volunteers for test cruises. It's not clear how volunteers will be picked, but hypothetically, would you want to volunteer for a test cruise? Why or why not?

My husband, my daughter (21 years old), and myself would be more than happy to volunteer. We have no worries and have done a great job following mandates, wearing our masks and washing our hands. We have no underlying conditions that would hinder us from volunteering. Cruises should be open, if hotels can be open.

Absolutely would. I have had it and it was relatively mild so I can either not

get it again as some as stated or It wasn't bad to where I would be fine

if I got it again. I would also be glad to do an extensive survey at the end

hopefully pointing out some things that might help if done differently to 

help ensure the spread should it become an issue.

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Would you volunteer for a test cruise? (Survey only - Not a place to apply)

???
This thread finally got me, a long time lurker, to register. And to answer the hypothetical question: nope. Too much hassle with travel restrictions, I’m also high risk for covid and I don’t have the possibility to spend a week or more of my vacation time on a “working holiday”.

was thinking that test cruises with highly motivated test subjects wouldn’t give the correct info for how passengers act in various situations. Thinking the test subjects would be self-selected to people who read and follow instructions, extra careful etc. But who knows.