Loss of deposit

gi333

We have a cruise booked for February 28 2021 and we will cancel it however we have a non refundable deposit. I understand that if we cancel they will give us the non refundable part on FCC. I am not happy with this situation because we all know that in February the cruise we were supposed to be on will be Much different but no info yet about that and they still want final payment by Nov 30. I hope something will happen with this.   How much is a deposit anyways that I Will loose?

If you cancel before you make final payment, you will get back (as an FCC) whatever you put down as a deposit when you booked the cruise.  So for example, for my March 2021 sailing, for my family of 4, we put down a deposit of $1000 ($250pp) and we would get back $1000 in FCCs.

You will not "lose" any of your deposit if you cancel under CWC, you would just simply not get it back as cash.

Which leads to a thought...

While I am no expert on bankruptcy laws in various countries, I do understand that a consumer's deposit on an unfulfilled service/product can turn the consumer into a creditor in the event of bankruptcy proceedings and possibly result in the deposit(s) becoming discharged debt.

Restricted sailings, reduced capacity, unsuccessful trial cruises, and etc. and etc. can only go on for so long.

I have to wonder...where is the line where RCL (or any cruise line) is better off from their business point of view to declare some sort of level of bankruptcy?

Personally, we will be pulling the full refund trigger if the time/cancellation comes.