When will there be an announcement on December 2020 cruises?

Firemanray

16 minutes ago, Firemanray said:

When will RCL let the current passengers know if their Dec 2020 Galveston cruise has been canx?? So that there is enough time to make arrangements for air and hotel room canx!!

Don't expect for at least the next 60 days for any passenger cruises. Lots of testing and tweaking will be happening until RCG feels confident to have passengers come onboard.

1 hour ago, Firemanray said:

When will RCL let the current passengers know if their Dec 2020 Galveston cruise has been canx?? So that there is enough time to make arrangements for air and hotel room canx!!

Welcome to the boards!  I have a cruise in December as well - I too wish they would make an announcement already as I have to re-allocate those 10 vacation days to be used before the end of the year.  Normally I'd just take them off anyway, but 10 days at home in a row doing nothing (not including the weekends) would drive me bonkers!  ? 

I do not expect any sailings in December to actually happen, to be honest.  I think it may take time to get everything through the approvals and such.  Maybe some of the 3-4 nighters from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale will happen first.  Jut speculation though.

You can try contacting Royal Caribbean directly (as this is just a fan board) to see if they can offer you any ideas on when notifications are coming.  My cruise is just over 30 days out and not a peep...

I feel there will be an announcement this week. There are many people that need to make or cancel flights for Dec sailings. We have one Dec 12 out of Miami on Symphony and never purchased flights since they would only offer future flight credit if we canceled. Regardless, even as bad as we would like to cruise again, we are not sailing until some of the restrictions are lifted. 

• Matt changed the title to When will there be an announcement on December 2020 cruises?
37 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I feel there will be an announcement this week. There are many people that need to make or cancel flights for Dec sailings. We have one Dec 12 out of Miami on Symphony and never purchased flights since they would only offer future flight credit if we canceled. Regardless, even as bad as we would like to cruise again, we are not sailing until some of the restrictions are lifted. 

No need to sugar coat this. RCG will also cancel and will likely follow NCL & Carnie through December 2020, should history of prior cancellations prove to be identical.

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I am unable to get into the "check-in" area of my reservations for 6 and 13 December (Oasis).  I get an error message.

image.png.380e092f3d0e4d3bdf589d86675a58b1.png

It's been like that since yesterday on both bookings.  I have a feeling that they are already "closed" even though they are still coming up for booking on the website.

Hmm. Same here, but will allow me to spend money in cruise planner. 

I’m thinking my Dec 19th Holiday Cruise on the Anthem will be cancelled because they need more time to start up...and because it’s an eight day cruise.  Also, my January 4th cruise will probably be cancelled because it’s an eleven day cruise.  Oh well, it is what it is and I’ll be patient with the process. At least there is now light at the end of the tunnel... I would much rather they take their time to do it right rather than do it quick and suffer another closure. I can’t wait!!......but I will.?

Well, read the below from Cruise Critic and we can agree that it's just a matter of time that RCG will be announcing their ancellation as well...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December Cruises Canceled as Lines Study CDC Order

November 02, 2020

(11:50 a.m. EDT) -- Several major cruise lines have canceled December voyages, as companies began the process of determining what steps need to be taken to meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requirements to start sailing again.

On Monday, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings canceled all cruises for December on its three brands, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas. The line had previously suspended cruising through the end of November.

Norwegian didn't specifically cite the CDC's "framework for conditional sailing," which was released Friday, as the reason for the continued suspensions. The comprehensive framework outlines the process that cruise lines must go through to get ready for paying passengers -- and it's a lengthy one, with several phases that need to be completed before sailings can resume. 

"The Company will continue to work in tandem with global government and public health authorities and its Healthy Sail panel expert advisors to take all necessary measures to protect its guests, crew and the communities visited," Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings said in a statement.

Miami Port

Over the weekend, Carnival Cruise Lines dropped its December sailings from its website. The line had previously canceled all but a handful of cruises departing from Miami and Port Canaveral.

Palm Beach-based Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line pulled all of its voyages off its website over the weekend. As of Monday morning, the site only contains a splash screen stating that cruise bookings are no longer being accepted at this time.

The canceled cruises put a damper on the excitement that was originally felt on Friday when the CDC replaced its long-standing No Sail order with the conditional sailing framework. While the No Sail order technically expired as of Sunday, the numerous requirements and certifications of the CDC's new framework mean that cruising won't realistically happen in 2020.

Analysts now predict that late January and February are more likely dates for the resumption of cruises with actual paying passengers; cruise lines must complete a series of simulated cruises with volunteers first.

"Bottom line is that cruise lines will not be able to offer passenger cruises in December, but January seems possible, though February more likely, in line with what the CDC was reportedly already targeting," UBS analyst Robin Farley said in a report Monday.

4 hours ago, Sharla said:

Royal Caribbean almost always announces at the end of the day. I would expect it between 4:30 or 5:00 today or tomorrow, but for sure December will be cancelled. They have to do so much before they can allow guests onboard.

Ok they announced it at 4:00 today, they must have seen my prediction and wanted to beat me to it! ?

Has anyone been able to get the “2 for 1” FCCs where they roll an existing FCC into a new FCC on a cancelled cruise ?  I have a tiny little FCC on my Dec 6 Oasis Cruise and I am going to ask for the 125% FCC on the cruise fare.  I am hoping that they will just roll that little FCC into the big one but I haven’t heard of anyone who had this done yet.  I hope they don’t just reissue the little FCC.  I don’t want to deal with it separately.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Has anyone been able to get the “2 for 1” FCCs where they roll an existing FCC into a new FCC on a cancelled cruise ?  I have a tiny little FCC on my Dec 6 Oasis Cruise and I am going to ask for the 125% FCC on the cruise fare.  I am hoping that they will just roll that little FCC into the big one but I haven’t heard of anyone who had this done yet.  I hope they don’t just reissue the little FCC.  I don’t want to deal with it separately.

This happened to me already.  When we lost our March sailing we got FCC and used that to pay for our August sailing.  We had to top it up a little with extra money.  When the August sailing got cancelled, we opted for the 125% FCC and it was all rolled into one for us.

40 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This happened to me already.  When we lost our March sailing we got FCC and used that to pay for our August sailing.  We had to top it up a little with extra money.  When the August sailing got cancelled, we opted for the 125% FCC and it was all rolled into one for us.

Thanks !  I thought they had changed that rule but I hadn’t heard of anyone getting it yet.  The FCC got the “newer” expiration date ?

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks !  I thought they had changed that rule but I hadn’t heard of anyone getting it yet.  The FCC got the “newer” expiration date ?

Yes. Actually it was way more complicated now that I think of it. I had used an FCC (not covid related) to partially pay for my March 2020 sailing. That original FCC had an expiry of July 2020. We cancelled our March sailing under CWC and we got a new FCC with the old one rolled in. New expiry was now December 2021. We used this new FCC to pay for our August 2020 sailing and had to top it off a bit (that I mentioned before). Because Royal cancelled the August sailing on us, we opted for the 125% FCC and our re-issued FCC included the old FCC plus the additional 125% with a new expiry of April 2022 now. 

30 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes. Actually it was way more complicated now that I think of it. I had used an FCC (not covid related) to partially pay for my March 2020 sailing. That original FCC had an expiry of July 2020. We cancelled our March sailing under CWC and we got a new FCC with the old one rolled in. New expiry was now December 2021. We used this new FCC to pay for our August 2020 sailing and had to top it off a bit (that I mentioned before). Because Royal cancelled the August sailing on us, we opted for the 125% FCC and our re-issued FCC included the old FCC plus the additional 125% with a new expiry of April 2022 now. 

Awesome !  That is just what I was hoping to hear.  Thanks !