CDC Conditional Sailing Order

7 hours ago, twangster said:

I've cancelled all of my refundable cruises and requested refunds.  I have too many FCC now and with Royal cancelling another Star Class cruise on me that had FCC in play the early indication is they won't re-issue the FCC.  They already did this to me once but my TA was able to escalate it as a "one time" exception.  

My advice is ask for refunds.  FCC is fools gold.  They can and will cancel your FCC if your cruise cancels.  Poof, it's gone, just like that.  

Avoid FCC at all cost.  Don't be tempted by the 125% FCC carrot they may dangle in front of you.  Carrots are great for donkeys, don't let them make you into an *ss.  

Little late to the game being played I see... 

If I was running the show the first thing I would do is cancel anything sailing directly from the US.  Then start working to start cruising from ports that are not in the US.  I am sure that there are enough people who are willing to fly to another country and then get on a ship.  As long as they do it smart they can at least start making a few bucks and show they can do things safely.  

As far as how it's all going, looks like the CDC is going to cancel everything they can and some people in congress want to see it happen for as long as possible.  If the CDC is going to cancel ships they should look at grounding the airplanes as well as all other public transportation while they are at it.

40 minutes ago, MuttMutt said:

If I was running the show the first thing I would do is cancel anything sailing directly from the US.  Then start working to start cruising from ports that are not in the US.  I am sure that there are enough people who are willing to fly to another country and then get on a ship.  As long as they do it smart they can at least start making a few bucks and show they can do things safely.  

Symphony of the Seas cruise to nowhere out of Brisbane. Sign me up!!

On 11/11/2020 at 8:48 AM, mattymay said:

Roughly 250,000 deaths from 10 million cases. So you are looking at 8+ million deaths by the time it's swept through the entire population.

A few days ago it was 100,000 new cases, now it's 200,000. What will the number be by the time the new administration takes over? That man sounds like he's going to shut things down, so the higher this goes the harder it's going to be for the cruise lines. Can't see a way out other than vaccine. 

There's one factor missing here , it looks like for every symptomatic carrier you an unknown number which got the C19 but did not know about it. 

10 hours ago, USFFrank said:

Tell that to the 20,000+ who want to go on a test cruise. 

Everyone wants their life back.  Everyone is sick and tired of this darn virus.  

The flip side is that the virus hasn't changed. 

In 2018 13M Americans went on a cruise.  20k+ want to sail on a test cruise now?  That's a drop of water in the ocean.