SilverSea Takes Delivery of the Newest Ship in the RCG Fleet - Silver Moon

twangster

http://i.email.silversea.com/wpm/1035/ContentUploads/Icons/SS_logo_white.png

A MOMENTOUS OCCASION

It is an honour and privilege to share news with you that, on Friday 30 October, Silversea Cruises took delivery of its newest flagship, Silver Moon. The milestone occasion was marked with an intimate celebration at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Ancona.

We are delighted to welcome Silver Moon to the Silversea fleet. The epitome of 21st-century luxury travel, she possesses a number of innovations that will build on the success of her sister ship, Silver Muse, such as our pioneering new S.A.L.T. culinary programme, which will enable guests to travel deeper through immersive culinary experiences—both on board and ashore.

Every exquisite detail of Silver Moon is an expression of our successful collaboration with one of the world's premier shipbuilders. It is apt that Silver Moon was built in Italy, a cradle of luxury and a country celebrated for its rich culinary heritage.

I look forward to welcoming you on board this beautiful vessel soon, so that together we may continue to experience the authentic beauty of the world.

Best personal regards,

Roberto Martinoli,
President and Chief Executive Officer

SHE’S OFFICIALLY PART OF THE FLEET

As part of Silver Moon’s official delivery, officers from Silversea Cruises and Fincantieri completed a flag changing ceremony—a longstanding maritime tradition that symbolizes the ship’s joining of the fleet. Fincantieri and Italian flags were lowered, before flags of Silversea and the Bahamas were raised, as well as that of the Royal Caribbean Group.

LET’S GET ENRICHED

SILVERSEA TAKES DELIVERY

During an intimate celebration held at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Ancona, executives from Silversea Cruises, the Royal Caribbean Group, and Fincantieri expressed gratitude to all involved. Luigi Matarazzo—Fincantieri’s General Manager Merchant Ships Division—and Roberto Martinoli—Silversea’s President and CEO—addressed attendees, before Martinoli penned his signature to officially take delivery of the ship.

• twangster changed the title to SilverSea Takes Delivery of the Newest Ship in the RCG Fleet - Silver Moon
2 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Where do you fly into to catch the ship?

Ecuador.  

With the absence of tourist vessels in the Galapagos Chinese fishing fleets have been encroaching and fishing within the Ecuadorian waters of the Galapagos.   There's a big push to get the Galapagos reopened to tourists to deter the Chinese fleet from illegally fishing there.  With more tourist ships and boats around the Chinese tend to stay in international waters.  

So I'm hopeful cruising can restart there early in 2021.  

On 10/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, twangster said:

Ecuador.  

With the absence of tourist vessels in the Galapagos Chinese fishing fleets have been encroaching and fishing within the Ecuadorian waters of the Galapagos.   There's a big push to get the Galapagos reopened to tourists to deter the Chinese fleet from illegally fishing there.  With more tourist ships and boats around the Chinese tend to stay in international waters.  

So I'm hopeful cruising can restart there early in 2021.  

Cruise ships scare away the fish?

• 11 months later...

Silvermoon looks amazing. Can I see somewhere the detailed characteristics of this flagship? I wonder how much would cost to travel by it given the fact that cruises on such flagships are usually very expensive. Don't even mention the cost of renting a flagship for a weekend. Only very rich guys can do that but I hope sometimes even middle class workers like myself could rent such beauties. That was my dream since my second job in a shipping company. I had to update tracking china post data on orders to give the actual information about it. It was exhausting but I'm glad I was able to evolve my skills there.