Here We Go Again!!

People, put on your masks cause you're messing it up for the rest of us who want to cruise!! If you don't want to cruise, stay the (beep! - insert at your own risk) home!!

https://cruisefever.net/one-of-carnivals-cruise-lines-is-pausing-cruises-after-restarting/?fbclid=IwAR1uLjLFC5nkNAI0MceI0Vz4JxGfG2RsReJXYXvdd75ox_8bQo0jV7qJ_5k

7 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Thought it was announced a while back that masks dont stop you getting sick they are intended to stop you getting others sick ...

Sooooo....you are saying that if you are sick with COVID, you should be wearing a mask??? EXACTLY!! This prevents YOU from spreading the virus!! I reiterate, WEAR A MASK PEOPLE!!!!!! You may be Asymptomatic which means you may not be showing any symptoms AND you might not even know it!! Protect your fellow cruisers any which way you can!!

An ounce of prevention | Christina Petrie

11 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Thought it was announced a while back that masks dont stop you getting sick they are intended to stop you getting others sick ...

It actually works both ways! If you're sick, it keeps your deadly moisture particles from slapping more people in the face, and if you're not sick, a mask helps you not to breathe in as many deadly moisture particles if they happen to be around. 

4 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

People, put on your masks cause you're messing it up for the rest of us who want to cruise!! If you don't want to cruise, stay the (beep! - insert at your own risk) home!!

https://cruisefever.net/one-of-carnivals-cruise-lines-is-pausing-cruises-after-restarting/?fbclid=IwAR1uLjLFC5nkNAI0MceI0Vz4JxGfG2RsReJXYXvdd75ox_8bQo0jV7qJ_5k

This has nothing to do with cruisers not wearing masks! 

Germany has announced a complete lockdown of the country which is why Aida have cancelled cruises. 

No one can get to the ship as they will be stuck in their homes 

4 hours ago, JT2 said:

Per CDC most people that have contracted the virus have been wearing masks. Europe is under a second wave as well and have been under a very restrictive mask mandate. The push should be for the vaccine, hopefully available by end of this year.

I am in complete agreement. I go down the rabbit holes of the CDC, WHO, NEJM and NIH and scientific opposition to what politicians, media and others promote every day. If you go into the bowels of those sites, you realize media and government marketing programs aren't being truthful, I have a growing library of links and pics built since the stat below came out in August. This hasn't changed. I am only posting this because the shaming of those who question this needs to end. If anyone feels better wearing a mask, please do so. We aren't staying home for you any more than we expect someone else to stay home for us.

At the same time, I will stay off ships until masks are made optional. A vacation should not be oppressive.

"The idea that healthy people are endangering others simply by breathing is the biggest scam in the history of the world." -Anonymous

(I know the argument about asymptomatic transmission. I will refrain from spamming this thread with the information that counters that idea -- everyone will get this virus one day anyway)

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf

image.png.761f66c6564ac1db99e057dd5cc03ffb.png

15 minutes ago, Ray said:

This has nothing to do with cruisers not wearing masks! 

Germany has announced a complete lockdown of the country which is why Aida have cancelled cruises. 

No one can get to the ship as they will be stuck in their homes 

I NEVER said it had to do with cruisers. Note: I said, ' "PEOPLE", put on your masks cause you're messing it up for the rest of us who want to cruise!! ...' as we have to fly into Germany to get on the ship, but as confirmed, since Germany is in complete lockdown as "PEOPLE" are not listening which leads to the cancellation of cruises. Hence, cruisers are out of luck.

22 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I NEVER said it had to do with cruisers. Note: I said, ' "PEOPLE", put on your masks cause you're messing it up for the rest of us who want to cruise!! ...' as we have to fly into Germany to get on the ship, but as confirmed, since Germany is in complete lockdown as "PEOPLE" are not listening which leads to the cancellation of cruises. Hence, cruisers are out of luck.

Sorry i took so long to reply, had to find my reading glasses as i was struggling 

What you say above now you have fully explained in regards flying to germany which was omitted from your 1st post now makes sense! 

HOWEVER your 1st post due to the lack of information which was added to the 2nd implies in your own words " if you dont want to cruise stay at home" this is after referring to people not wearing masks.

glad you cleared this up in 2nd post as 1st was misleading and needed full facts 

I spend time each morning watching live travel streams on YouTube, as I've been working from home so long I'm so sick of daytime tv.  Venice has more live stream cameras than any city I've found - I like to people watch and dream about the day I can travel again.  Anyway...my point.  It's amazing how many Italians are NOT wearing masks.  In fact, the majority do not.  I watch them go in and out of businesses - no masks.  When I put on the Tokyo cameras - everyone is in masks.  Explains a lot. 

21 hours ago, JT2 said:

Per CDC most people that have contracted the virus have been wearing masks. Europe is under a second wave as well and have been under a very restrictive mask mandate. The push should be for the vaccine, hopefully available by end of this year.

If a majority of people wear masks, then mask-wearers are likely to represent a greater portion of a sample, which increases the opportunity for them to be selected randomly by virus particles.  Also, mask-wearers may be more likely to be out and about (which is inherently risky).  To make a valid and reliable comparison, you must control the risk (sample with different risk categories), then examine mask wearers vs. non-mask wearers and see who is more likely to contract the virus. When making comparisons, sample size is a factor, which is why there are a variety of research designs and statistical tests.  Wearing a mask doesn't cause the disease. However, wearing a mask doesn't guarantee you won't be exposed.

Wearing a mask in combination with avoiding risky behavior is better than not wearing a mask and avoiding risky behavior.  You have additional protection, period.

No one has claimed masks will save you from the virus if you engage in riskier behavior.  But if you are going to engage in increasing contact with others, you will want some protection.  So at least keep your vaccinations up to date, etc., so your immune system is strong.

I agree that the push should be for the vaccine, but we should follow other public health practices, including eye, face, and hand protection.  We are an educated population, for the most part, so we should act accordingly.

Cruising will be more fun when we have vaccines and feel a bit safer to enjoy the cruising behaviors we all enjoy.

When I was a child, I accompanied my father when he gave polio vaccine shots in rural areas of California as part of a public health initiative.  I envision a similar outreach effort when multiple effective vaccines are available.