Toiletries provided in Grand Suites on Mariner

Bakerette

I have a couple questions on this topic which 1 is typed & the other is written in the form of a photo.

1st question: Do you think that I should pack my own toiletries or use the ones that the cruise line provides? If it helps you answer the question: I have normal skin but I can only use hand soap, lotion & shower gel from either Victoria’s Secret or Bath & Body Works or any other brand that is similar to Victoria’s Secret & Bath & Body Works, & I can use any brand of shampoo so should I bring my own toiletries?

2nd question that I’m asking about this topic is below in the form of a photo:

7B0DDBA5-894C-455C-B3BD-0ED69933BCEB.jpegP.S: If it helps you you understand what I am asking I meant to type the word “than” instead of “then”

Please answer my questions only if you have knowledge about what brand of toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower Gel & Lotion) are provided in GS on Mariner & is the shampoo & conditioner is similar to Dove & Pantene shampoo & condition, & is the shower gel & lotion very similar to the shower gel & lotion that Bath & Body Works & Victoria’s Secret sells? 

Edited by Bakerette
Added a P.S sentence because I miss typed a word in the photo. I also added a sentence & reworded the first question & added a sentence.

8 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Deluxe balcony in February, we had the dreaded 3 in 1 dispenser in the the shower capsule ?.  Definitely bring your own!  

I’m not sure if you understood what I was asking but I want to know what brand of toiletries is provided in a GS & above on Mariner of the seas and not any other category of rooms & should I bring my own toiletries?

2 hours ago, Bakerette said:

I’m not sure if you understood what I was asking but I want to know what brand of toiletries is provided in a GS & above on Mariner of the seas and not any other category of rooms & should I bring my own toiletries?

Except the photo literally asks what's provided in Interior Rooms through Jr Suites, so don't be surprised when people answer that.  Unless the graphic meant to say "than" instead of "then", which changes the meaning of the question entirely.

9 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

No more "L 'Occitane" products, or am I dated?

Oasis and Quantum class are the only ships with the official "Royal Suite Class" that feature L'Occitane products.  

Other ships have variable suite bathroom amenities.  On some a JS will net the same "upgraded" amenities that D+ is supposed to receive which amounts to what appears to be the regular stuff in a small bottle.  On some ships a GS or above will receive something better but I can't find the right photo at the moment. 

At any rate I couldn't imagine the girls I cruise would ever be satisfied to change hair care products for any length of cruise.  They will always bring their own to minimize the opportunity for a disaster at sea.  

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Here is an example of what you might find in a GS on Voyager class.

1909-400.jpg

1909-401.jpg

Since a specific brand isn't published anywhere for these ships these can change at any time depending on negotiated contracts.

I've had this brand in a Grand suite (liberty) as recent as 2019. It's a good one and I always throw the daily refills in my bag so I have a week's worth to take home. I have super dry skin, so I'm generally pretty picky about the washes I use.  For a few uses, this works fine and isn't too drying. The hand bar is a different story and I highly recommend bring a bottle of liquid soap from the dollartree instead. Can't speak too much to the shampoo and conditioner save for scent as I've only used those on synthetic wigs >.>

On 10/29/2020 at 3:13 AM, Bakerette said:

I have a couple questions on this topic which 1 is typed & the other is written in the form of a photo.

1st question: Do you think that I should pack my own toiletries or use the ones that the cruise line provides? If it helps you answer the question: I have normal skin but I can only use hand soap, lotion & shower gel from either Victoria’s Secret or Bath & Body Works or any other brand that is similar to Victoria’s Secret & Bath & Body Works, & I can use any brand of shampoo so should I bring my own toiletries?

2nd question that I’m asking about this topic is below in the form of a photo:

7B0DDBA5-894C-455C-B3BD-0ED69933BCEB.jpegP.S: If it helps you you understand what I am asking I meant to type the word “than” instead of “then”

Please answer my questions only if you have knowledge about what brand of toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower Gel & Lotion) are provided in GS on Mariner & is the shampoo & conditioner is similar to Dove & Pantene shampoo & condition, & is the shower gel & lotion very similar to the shower gel & lotion that Bath & Body Works & Victoria’s Secret sells? 

12 hours ago, Bakerette said:

Bring your own if it is going to be a major issue.  They can change brands at any time and other than the suites on Oasis class ships they don't publish the brand of upgraded toiletries that you would get.

The Gilchrist & Soames brand that @twangster provided the photograph of was in the GS on Mariner as recent as February 2020 as you can see in this video:

12 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Bring your own if it is going to be a major issue.  They can change brands at any time and other than the suites on Oasis class ships they don't publish the brand of upgraded toiletries that you would get.

The Gilchrist & Soames brand that @twangster provided the photograph of was in the GS on Mariner as recent as February 2020 as you can see in this video:

It’s not gonna be a major issue I have tried lots of shampoo/conditioner & lotion/shower from several companies and brands but I prefer Dove/Pantene shampoo/conditioner or very similar hair are products over what is sold by other companies $ brand names, & I also prefer Victoria’s Secret  & Bath & Body Works lotion/shower gel or very similar products over what is sold by other companies & brands?
In GS on Mariner is there any toiletries that is exactly the same as or similar to those stores & brands that I listed?

This site is a private fan site not managed by Royal Caribbean and they do not participate on this site.   

No one here can answer your question.   No one here can perform a comparative analysis between your favorite brands and what Royal Caribbean uses on board.  

We have tried to illustrate what might be provided on board and it appears that you are looking for a different answer.  

Suggest you contact Royal Caribbean on social media and ask them your question.

@Bakerette I too am very particular about certain brands over others.  I always, always, always bring my own products.  I think it is safe to say that you will not find any Royal toiletries (whether it's Gilchrist & Soames or some other version) to be "exactly the same" as the brands you have listed. 

The fact that it matters so much to you definitely means that you should bring your own.

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Bakerette I too am very particular about certain brands over others.  I always, always, always bring my own products.  I think it is safe to say that you will not find any Royal toiletries (whether it's Gilchrist & Soames or some other version) to be "exactly the same" as the brands you have listed. 

The fact that it matters so much to you definitely means that you should bring your own.

It does not matter to me that much about the brand or quality of the toiletries but it does matter to my mother who has sensitive skin and has found some brand name products & items that is sold by specific stores, and will be traveling & staying in the same room along with me.

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

12 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

You're not going to get a better answer than bring your own.  You clearly have preferences and those preferences are very subjective.  If you ask people to compare shampoos, most would say, shampoo is shampoo whether it comes in an unlabeled plain white bottle or it comes with a name I've never heard before.

On 11/3/2020 at 6:40 PM, AshleyDillo said:

It does not matter to me that much about the brand or quality of the toiletries but it does matter to my mother who has sensitive skin and has found some brand name products that works for her & most of the  items that works for her is sold by specific stores & has specific brand names, & my mother will be traveling & staying in the same room with me.

Regardless of what anybody offers, we usually bring our own "travel size" products on vacation. Buy the kind you like, throw out what's left, which usually isn't a lot. You don't need to lug big bottles back and forth. I know for what you get they are a little expensive, but the convenience is worth it. Especially if you have allergy or skin concerns.

On 11/4/2020 at 9:35 AM, twangster said:

This site is a private fan site not managed by Royal Caribbean and they do not participate on this site.   

No one here can answer your question.   No one here can perform a comparative analysis between your favorite brands and what Royal Caribbean uses on board.  

We have tried to illustrate what might be provided on board and it appears that you are looking for a different answer.  

Suggest you contact Royal Caribbean on social media and ask them your question.

I was not looking for an answer for my question about what brand/quality of toiletries that is in an GS on Mariner, all I wanted was other people’s opinion about the toiletries in GS on Mariner & if they would use what the ship provides or bring their own toiletries.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:54 AM, Bakerette said:

t’s not gonna be a major issue I have tried lots of shampoo/conditioner & lotion/shower from several companies and brands but I prefer Dove/Pantene shampoo/conditioner or very similar hair are products over what is sold by other companies $ brand names, & I also prefer Victoria’s Secret  & Bath & Body Works lotion/shower gel or very similar products over what is sold by other companies & brands?
In GS on Mariner is there any toiletries that is exactly the same as or similar to those stores & brands that I listed?

No. 

3 hours ago, Bakerette said:

other people’s opinion about the toiletries in GS on Mariner

I know I am in the minority here, but I find all of Royal's shampoos and hygiene products to be just fine.  I even use the pump dispenser in the shower...so I probably don't have the most popular opinion.  I never bring my own.  Too many other things to worry about.

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I know I am in the minority here, but I find all of Royal's shampoos and hygiene products to be just fine.  I even use the pump dispenser in the shower...so I probably don't have the most popular opinion.  I never bring my own.  Too many other things to worry about.

One less thing to pack

• 2 years later...

I have a question about the Bathroom Amenities.

On JR suite on Odyssey, and GS on Oasis they had 3 MALIN+GOETZ dispensers with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, also there was a MALIN+GOETZ body lotion.

However I've seen several videos of other ships, like JR suites on Adventure where I can only see the 3 in 1 dispenser. 

This site clearly states that one of the few benefits of staying on a JR suite are the Luxury Bathroom Amenities, so I was wondering what's happening here? Could you ask your cabin attendant for them if you only find the 3 in 1 dispenser if you're staying in a JR Suite?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

We had the upgraded L'Occitane in our spa Jr suite on Ovation.  I tried it and had to re-shower an hour later because I could NOT stand the smell of myself.  One of the bottles (I think the shampoo) smells like cat pee and the conditioner smells like a dude.  I don't want to smell like a dude or like cat pee! LOL Of course, YMMV.  I always bring my own.

7 hours ago, Blulady said:

We had the upgraded L'Occitane in our spa Jr suite on Ovation.  I tried it and had to re-shower an hour later because I could NOT stand the smell of myself.  One of the bottles (I think the shampoo) smells like cat pee and the conditioner smells like a dude.  I don't want to smell like a dude or like cat pee! LOL Of course, YMMV.  I always bring my own.

I hated the smell of the L'Occitane also! I much prefer the Malin + Goetz scents, but the body wash still smells like a dude to me.  I found the M+G conditioner be very ineffective and thin, like it was watered down, though. I've seen it outside of Royal ships and it was the same consistency, so I guess it's just the formula they use.