Changes (again) to Chops Grille

Matt

One of our blog readers, Gary, emailed me this response he got from Royal Caribbean regarding the new Chops Menu on Navigator of the Seas

• The baked potato is being added back to the menu
  • The non-upcharged steak options are being expanded from 2 to 4. There will now be two filet options - 6 & 9 oz, and two sirloin options - 6 & 12 oz.
  • The sauces which were no longer available are being made available again
  • Red velvet cake is definitely back on the menu, made onboard now

Hi all...

I'm the one who sent the info to Matt.  I had sent a letter to Adam Goldstein's email address, expressing some concerns about Chops new menu, being tested on the Navigator.  All the items above are ones I had written about.  I received a phone call yesterday from the RCI Executive Offices in reply to my email.  They outlined the changes above, and said those changes were based on customer input.  I thanked the representative, and reiterated that the other change I thought should be looked at was that only filets and sirloins were being offered without additional upcharge.  Sirloin is normally thought of as a "value steak", not something you'd normally see at an upscale steakhouse.  Also, they really need a ribeye, t-bone, maybe porterhouse - something more than just two choices (although each of the two is now going to be offered in two sizes at least.  She said that she couldn't promise anything, but they were continuing to take and evaluate customer input, as the new menu on Navigator is still considered to be a test.

So, if anyone wants to see more steak options - or other things - please write to the Executive Office - sounds like they ARE listening!  :)

So, if anyone wants to see more steak options - or other things - please write to the Executive Office - sounds like they ARE listening!  :)

Great point Gary (and welcome to the boards!).

It's very important that we fans express our opinions to Royal Caribbean so they can continue to improve the experience. 

I'm not surprised and am glad that the previous listed items that were removed have now been added back to the menu. Like a new menu at any restaurant, public feedback may change things. I'm glad Royal Caribbean is listening and making changes accordingly. 

Hi Gary--

What contact media did you use? I've had a few suggestions before but didn't know who would listen. Right now, the only thought that comes to mind is that I've ALWAYS been shocked the they don't offer shoeshine on board...Unless you rent their tux, of course.

Bryce, I sent an email to the published email address of Alan Goldstein, CEO.  I'm under no illusions that he personally reads all the email to that address, but it goes to staff in the "Executive Offices" and it was a staff-member from that office who contacted me by telephone in response to my email communication.

agoldstein@rccl.com

• 5 months later...