Pickle ball

Jeep1lover

Good Morning,

I have seen it played on some ships, not sure if ship wide.  They modify the basketball court with nets.  Actually, every time they have it on the daily schedule, the courts are full of players!1

I really is a fun sport to play!  You can really whack the ball!   LOL

I played pickleball on Adventure of the Seas in March right before the cruise shutdown.  It was available every day typically from 9 to 11 am.  I think there were three courts with portable nets on the sports court.  Note, on a sea day, it can get pretty windy and very challenging to play the game.  

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Odyssey of the Seas offered pickleball everyday on October '21 cruise.  Had at least 8 show up each day and often many more.  The ship also provided decent equipment for those who did not bring their own or were just learning.  Every skill level form those just learning to a 5.0.  Had some really good games as a 3.5 with several others.  There were no lines but, thanks to a couple of well informed enthusiasts who brought some vinyl tape and a tape measure we marked them each day.  Worth the time to have several hours of competitive play and fellowship.  

• 1 month later...

Last month on Odyssey (March break) it was usually offered first thing in the morning like 8am and then again in the evenings sometimes during open play time at the Seaplex. We had a busy sailing so sometimes a group would show up to play and not take turns - kept playing even though people standing on side waiting, I asked and was told by one of the Royal workers it was free for all honour system, and he was there to just supervise but was not responsible for organizing who got to play and for how long etc 

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2022 at 4:17 PM, willowberry88 said:

Last month on Odyssey (March break) it was usually offered first thing in the morning like 8am and then again in the evenings sometimes during open play time at the Seaplex. We had a busy sailing so sometimes a group would show up to play and not take turns - kept playing even though people standing on side waiting, I asked and was told by one of the Royal workers it was free for all honour system, and he was there to just supervise but was not responsible for organizing who got to play and for how long etc 

How many courts were able to be taped? Was this indoors at Seaplex

1 hour ago, Elizabeth H said:

How many courts were able to be taped? Was this indoors at Seaplex

Depends on the day and time. I was on the Odyssey transatlantic cruise. Every "At sea" day, there was picketball in all 3 courts from 8am-10am then open sports play from 10am - 11am or 12noon which they left 1 or 2 courts open. When the ship was at ports, the times varied but there was picketball every day of the cruise. There were also a few afternoons they had 1 picketball court up