Quantum of the Seas

squeak0279

Has any else received a letter from Royal Caribbean stating that their Oct 14th 2021, Quantum of the seas cruise has been cancelled? I was saddened as this was supposed to be one of my retirement cruises however, that soon turned to frustration and disappointment as I learned that Quantum of the Seas is still sailing out of Honolulu on the 14th of October and that the only change to the itinerary is that New Zealand will no longer be on the itinerary, thus going from an 18day cruise to a 15 day cruise.  The letter states that they will fully refund any money that we have invested in the cruise and give us a $100.00 on board credit towards any like cruise sailing out of Australia. The problem is the new cruise which is 2 days less is also almost 3,000.00 dollars more for the exact same itinerary minus the New Zealand stop.  We chose to cruise with Royal Caribbean due to its outstanding ships and history of amazing customer service. This is horrible customer service and not like Royal Caribbean at all. 

Hi @squeak0279,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear about the cancellation of your cruise. We have also had one of cruises cancelled and another shortened due to the changes in ship deployments.

You can read about the changes here.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/10/21/royal-caribbean-will-redeploy-six-cruise-ships-winter-2021-2022