Freedom Subbed for Explorer

DDaley

My April 17 2022 Freedom cruise out of San Juan was replaced today by Explorer. If I stay on board how do I know what cabin I will be in and is there any opportunity to pick? I am sad it won't be amped! Does Explorer have any recent updates? 

•  

Over the next few weeks, we'll be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our late 2021 and early 2022 sailings for six of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research as well as listening to feedback and input from guests and trade partners on opportunities for new adventures. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. Regrettably, as a result of these shifts, our April 17, 2022 Freedom of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

The good news is, our sister ship, Explorer of the Seas, is heading to San Juan, Puerto Rico! The even better news? She'll sail on the exact same day as your original cruise and will visit similar destinations! So, starting October 21, 2020, to make this transition easier, we're automatically moving you to the corresponding Explorer of the Seas sailing. 

While we know you'll have a great time onboard Explorer of the Seas, your vacation is important to us, along with providing you the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we've outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Explorer of the Seas cruise

• We're automatically moving you to the Explorer of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise.
  • Your current cruise fare paid will be price protected or reduced to the prevailing cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • Plus, we'll provide you with an Onboard Credit valued at a $50 USD for Interior and Ocean View staterooms or $100 USD for Balcony staterooms and Suites - because we know you were looking forward to sailing on a Freedom-class ship.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

To follow up to this, Explorer did not get her recent renovation, as Matt said. However, I sailed on her February 2020 (barely before COVID), and LOVED the panoramic ocean view staterooms. These are at the front on deck 12 and were added in 2016, so they still feel much newer than the rest of the ship (light wood vs dark wood, etc.) We also enjoyed the hot tub in the gym, which was to be removed during the renovation. Even without the waterslides and new (planned) additions, Explorer is a great ship!