Cruise price doubles

Flopper

I've noticed that Royal Caribbean has doubled the rate for some of it's cruises for the first weeks of January. I'm booked back to back on Explorer and the same. Anybody else find this odd?  I think that they are going to start out with those higher price ships at the restart and ask customers who are booked on canceled trips to pay the doubled price if they still would like to sail. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, vmagestro said:

I've noticed that Royal Caribbean has doubled the rate for some of it's cruises for the first weeks of January. I'm booked back to back on Explorer and the same. Anybody else find this odd?  I think that they are going to start out with those higher price ships at the restart and ask customers who are booked on canceled trips to pay the doubled price if they still would like to sail. Any thoughts?

I think it is for two reasons, first trying to limit capacity in case ships are permitted to sail but at limited capacity.  Second would be they are taking advantage of all the 125% credits by raising prices and pushing back credits to later sailings.

I have a April trip booked on Freedom and it is more than doubled now, we rebooked not long ago (balcony 2 kids, 2adults) for $2100, current price is right at $4600!  Fingers crossed it isn't canceled.

17 hours ago, Snowchaser said:

I think it is for two reasons, first trying to limit capacity in case ships are permitted to sail but at limited capacity.  Second would be they are taking advantage of all the 125% credits by raising prices and pushing back credits to later sailings.

I have a April trip booked on Freedom and it is more than doubled now, we rebooked not long ago (balcony 2 kids, 2adults) for $2100, current price is right at $4600!  Fingers crossed it isn't canceled.

Our Freedom cruises booked for end of February and beginning of March in 2021...same cruises in 2022 are +60% in cost.

2 hours ago, Gears said:

Our Freedom cruises booked for end of February and beginning of March in 2021...same cruises in 2022 are +60% in cost.

I'm booked back to back on Explorer Dec 27 and Jan 1 and then getting on Oasis on Jan 10. Explorer's price has stayed pretty much the same. Oasis has tripled for Jan 10. I'm guessing that Explorer won't be in the re-start. I just hope that they allow me to shift booking to ship that is sailing and guarantee my price. 

1 hour ago, RickinSTL said:

When I booked Harmony for November of 2021 I got an OVB for $798pp.. I just checked the other day as I was thinking of upgrading to a suite.. The same cabin is now $1443pp and the cost of a suite is almost as much as my Ram lol.. 

So pricing is back to normal?