best excursions in Nassau?

hello

I have never paid/booked one in Nassau and been there probably 10x now.

Its a great port just to get off and walk around, explore....eat, drink, free beach nearby....lots to do for a visit there.

If there are particular types of excursions you enjoy, others here maybe able to suggest some. As well, you can always check your cruise booking/planner as there are  usually many excursions offered at each stop directly through Royal.

I second the above. Have no kids, but in the couple of times we have been to Nassau, we really haven't done much. Walk around, grab some local food (sometimes in the city center, sometimes we grab a taxi to the more "local" areas...depends what you are comfortable with safety wise), grab a few drinks, and then enjoy a quieter day on the ship. Allows us to save energy and money for a port we prefer. I am not anti-Nassau by any means, but we just prefer to go all out at another location in exchange for a subdued day in Nassau/the ship. 

On 10/19/2020 at 11:25 AM, hello said:

I am planning a cruise for September 2021 onboard Oasis of the Seas for my family of 4 (2 kids aged 13, 15) . One of the ports we will be visiting is Nassau and I don't know what to do while we're there. Any suggestions for excursions? Thanks!

Personal opinion - I think an Oasis class ship has more to do than the port.    I have family members that like making the trip to Atlantis.

On 10/31/2020 at 1:10 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

I really loved Blue Lagoon for a nice, quiet, beach day.  The boat ride to the island is nice, too.

That's what I keep looking at and it does sound nice.  I was thinking while my kids and grandkids are doing the swim with the dolphin experience I might be able to walk over to that area to watch and then relax on the beach while they do the other water stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a tour with "Simply Dave Tours" -- you can find him on Trip Advisor.  It ended up being about 3-1/2 hours; we went to the Fort (don't remember its name), Queens Staircase (got to walk down it with a guide , and were picked up at the bottom)very interesting!!), drove by the Governor's Mansion and other sights, stopped at a tea place, got about 1/2 hour at Atlantis, and then headed for a beach for lunch.  All in all, it was really fun, and worth the $35/person.  In the afternoon, we went to Jetline Simulations so my husband could fly a Boeing 737 (simulator!).  I'm not sure if they're still in Nassau or not.  I had heard that they closed down in November 2019.