Double Crown & Anchor points on ALL 2021 sailings. . .

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Posted an update on the benefit, which makes it combinable with just about everything https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/10/20/royal-caribbean-expands-double-points-offer-include-nearly-all-2021-cruises

Suites get 4 points now?!!!!!  Instead of 3?

Best news ever if that is true!  Now we need sailings to start!

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Suites get 4 points now?!!!!!  Instead of 3?

Best news ever if that is true!  Now we need sailings to start!

Maybe now you'll finally let Hubster sail solo in 2021 so your family can climb the ladder even faster! 

Solo in suite gets 6x.  Put him out to sea!

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

This perk has me looking at cruises for 2021 even though i said I wouldn't book anything till this Covid crap is over.....?

So it's not just me then, working out if I can afford a better cabin using this years FCC. I assured my better half that I wouldn't be booking anything until things settled down, might have some explaining to do

On our Alaska sailing, there are three of us who have sailed before with RCG and already have our C&A number. My son's buddy will be sailing for the first time. Will he get quad points or single points? Or, will this be like business as usual for his C&A activity? Can I set up a C&A number for him BEFORE we sale? Or is it moot? @Sharla what do you think?

So excited about this extra points topic!  I think I am going to do what many others are thinking about...book a second cruise for later in 2021...also in a suite!  Currently, I am not in the category that so many of you are in but now that retirement has happened, cruising is definitely going to become a regular thing for me and hubby!!   He doesn't know it yet!!!  ?

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

During the Thanksgiving/Black Monday sales in November...do they ever waive or reduce the deposit amount for bookings? 

I have never seen the deposit waived or reduced (but I am just one person)...cruise fare pricing might change although that happens all year long!  Typically the cruise planner items is what I look at during Black Friday...Monday.

YIPPEE !!!  4X points on suites !  That is SUCH great news.  Makes all of that work, booking all of these cruises, so worth it.  Oh wait....I didn't do ANY work.  That was all on @michelle.  So, Thank you, @michelle.  Your hard work is really gonna help us make Pinnacle.  Not by April, Joe....but some time this year, assuming the cruises start back up !!!

16 hours ago, Sharla said:

How I'm reading it is if you have a special rate that's not just their regular rates you don't get the double points. So if you're in a group but not paying group rates you will still get the points. Sometimes we can add people to groups even at FIT prices because there are bonuses (OBC for example) so I believe those count.

And it's not double points for everything- it's double for most rooms, but suites are 3 points per night not 4.

So our Royal Caribbean Blog group cruises won't receive double points, correct?

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

She is a teacher, that constrains their flexibility.  He isn't, he can sail any time.

Gotta take one of the team!  ? 

Hmm...that would only work if the sailing involves Star Wars or TML lol

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not by April, Joe....but some time this year, assuming the cruises start back up !!!

Adopt me!!!!!  Raye, you were the first person I thought of when I read the quad points thing.  So happy for you!

23 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

So excited about this extra points topic!  I think I am going to do what many others are thinking about...book a second cruise for later in 2021...also in a suite!

^^^This.  For the past hour, I have been looking at sailings September-November 2021.  I fully anticipate that my March sailing will be cancelled so I can put some of the money towards the latter half of the year.  Only problem is that it would have to be a shorter sailing but oh well, quad points!

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

^^^This.  For the past hour, I have been looking at sailings September-November 2021.  I fully anticipate that my March sailing will be cancelled so I can put some of the money towards the latter half of the year.  Only problem is that it would have to be a shorter sailing but oh well, quad points!

Same here... maybe a 4-night out of Galveston during Thanksgiving might be in the future even though I already have a Christmas cruise booked. Dang school calendar doesn't allow for fall sailings. ? 

34 minutes ago, teddy said:

Wow.

• Standard room: 2 points per night
  • Suite room: 4 points per night
  • Solo guest in standard room: 4 points per night
  • Solo guest in suite: 6 points per night

With my solo 7-nighter, this means we'll end 2021 with just one point shy of Diamond.....seems kinda crazy.

This is exciting news for me because I always cruise solo.  But I've read somewhere that the 2X points promo doesn't apply to Diamond members and below.  I need clarification for this before I do the happy dance.

12 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

This is exciting news for me because I always cruise solo.  But I've read somewhere that the 2X points promo doesn't apply to Diamond members and below.  I need clarification for this before I do the happy dance.

Applies to all existing C&A members, gold and above.

Loyalty 2X Points is available to Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members.

Let the happy dance commence!

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

On our Alaska sailing, there are three of us who have sailed before with RCG and already have our C&A number. My son's buddy will be sailing for the first time. Will he get quad points or single points? Or, will this be like business as usual for his C&A activity? Can I set up a C&A number for him BEFORE we sale? Or is it moot? @Sharla what do you think?

I suspect your son's buddy will not benefit from this promo.  Even if you manage to get him a C&A number now that typically results in a "pre-Gold" status until their first sailing.  

However as a suite guest he will get 2x points so there is that!

5 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

I think that with all these points being awarded the benefits of xyz status will be greatly diluted. I think with many cruises still to be canceled into 2021, maybe this is a moot point and RCG will not see the need to dilute the perks.

I disagree, to dilute requires there to be a value (i.e. rare baseball card not rare because new cards of same kind flood market). Someone else reaching Diamond doesn't takeaway from your status/perks.

Regardless how you feel, someone point out we all basically lost out on 2020 cruises so double points in 2021 is just re-balancing the cruise universe ?

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I disagree, to dilute requires there to be a value (i.e. rare baseball card not rare because new cards of same kind flood market). Someone else reaching Diamond doesn't takeaway from your status/perks.

Regardless how you feel, someone point out we all basically lost out on 2020 cruises so double points in 2021 is just re-balancing the cruise universe ?

Sorry. Let me clarify. Less perks will be offered/status. There is value is the diamond lounge, diamond drinks, early embark, etc. Maybe I don't understand (I play left field often and well!)

13 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

I think with many cruises still to be canceled into 2021, maybe this is a moot point

I was just thinking this earlier.  Trying not to be pessimistic, but it still all might be too good to be true.  Which is why I am looking at perhaps later in 2021...

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

And if you leave your fam at home, you can get 6 points per night! Just saying.

Already exploring this option! haha

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

So Raye will be Pinnacle by... April? ?

Joe, I owe you an apology.  Apparently you did the math and I didn't bother to.  You are right !  If all of these cruises sail, I WILL be Pinnacle in April !  It sounded too good to be true, but I did the math, and you're right !  It will take me 48 nights to accumulate 190 points (actually 192) so we should make P on the second half of our Liberty B2B (April 18-25).  I, however, do not really believe that those first 4 cruises will sail (Oasis X2 and Symphony X2).  At any rate, it should be some time next year unless things go terribly wrong.  My goal was to reach P before we did our TransPacific on Ovation in April 2022.  That shouldn't be a problem....fingers crossed.

We haven't been sailing since March.  Might go into 2021?  Who knows?  But without sailing, no one has collected points since March.   So double points allow to make up lost time, and not necessarily point packing except for the super cruisers who will be back in force.

Sister company  Celebrity has allowed for "no sail" points for surveys and purchases such as booking cruises or on-board purchases.

I think the best effect is when you're on the cusp of a new tier and a point or two will push you into the next tier.

3 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Get him one- I don't know yet on this but it won't hurt to have one for him. Then send it to me and we'll see what happens! 

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

Sorry. Let me clarify. Less perks will be offered/status. There is value is the diamond lounge, diamond drinks, early embark, etc. Maybe I don't understand (I play left field often and well!)

I don't think Royal would have come up with this promo just to scale back perks a year later.  "Congratulations you are now Diamond but we are removing the perks so really you are no better off".

The simple truth is C&A works and it works well.  

If the cost of C&A perks was concerning or on the bubble the last thing they would do is inflate the ranks just to pull the rug out from even more people.

Guests may complain of crowded lounges during happy hour (they are never crowded during the day) but to Royal that is the picture of success.  The program works.

Most people who will attain Diamond from this promo would have attained it in 2021 or very soon into 2022 without the pandemic.  Net effect is no change. 

Some people will be in a position to go crazy and level up D to D+ or D+ to P a year sooner.  They are the minority but if this promo gets them to book cruises now so what?  They were going to get there anyways so during a period where the company can use some additional cash flow so what if a select handful can level up a year ahead of time?

Look at the interest this promo has generated.  It has the makings of being very successful and creating more new Royal bookings (and less competitor bookings for those that sail more than Royal).  Offering it to new bookings only would have created massive work efforts to rebook existing cruises so they created a win-win by extending it to existing bookings.  

19 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

I always thought loyalty point adders through adding on-board purchases or bookings would be a productive way to increase revenue.  Offer a point for a 3-day dining package, or 1 for booking a spa package.  Allows for more immediate cash flow.

It is a good idea but the draw back to something like that would be couples could / would end up with different point totals.  May be that does not matter but??

16 minutes ago, PaulRC said:

It is a good idea but the draw back to something like that would be couples could / would end up with different point totals.  May be that does not matter but??

Different points don't matter - my wife takes trips with a couple friends and I get to take advantage of her status. The key would be to take all the extra point earning opportunities on the account that already has more self-earned points.

7 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

Ok, if our March Grandeur cruise goes, and we are able to sail it, that means our Jr Suite will net us 32 points (4 x 8 nights), which will put us at **79** points, just 1 point shy of Diamond!

This is where we will be in Nov 2021.  I thought about booking a short one to hit Diamond, but it would have to be another solo because my wife has less than half the vacation time I do.  I'm already doing one solo in 2021, and I'd feel crappy doing another without her.