Double Crown & Anchor points on ALL 2021 sailings. . .

14 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

@Sharla So I'm just a tish confused. What else is new? If we didn't use any C&A discounts for our already booked 2021 cruises, then the double or triple points (suites) will be applied, no rebooking necessary, right?

I wonder if Royal will change their stance on that again.  I cannot imagine that many C&A members will be very happy with that news.  I will wait till the T&Cs come out to react lol.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Over on CC they are reporting that a FB post indicated that Royal is extending the "double points" offer to those with already-booked cruises.  I don't know how accurate that is...but that's what they're reporting.  Hope it's true !

I just got off the phone with RC 5 min ago and they told me NO!  new cruses only.  Unfortunately FB wrong.  So strange that something on FB is not accurate??  lol

It seems fishy that the double points won't accrue if you received a C&A discount. They automatically apply the discount (no matter how large or small) when you book if you provide a C&A number for one or more passengers. The only way to avoid a discount would be to book without the number attached and then add it later - extra work.

Terms and Conditions:

Loyalty 2X Points applies to new, individual, and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates, and existing bookings made prior to October 19, 2020 on all Eligible Sailings. Loyalty 2X Points is available to Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Loyalty 2X Points provides Loyalty members 2X Crown and Anchor points on sailings departing on January 1 – December 31, 2021 (“Eligible Sailings”).  Crown and Anchor points will be applied once the guest has paid their booking in full and completed their sailing. When reserving, a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation.

All other NRDB cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a 100USD/CAD per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/CAD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Deposits made toward Guarantees and Grand Suites and higher categories are non-refundable and are subject to NRD Booking Terms.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/terms-and-conditions/promotions?fbclid=IwAR3K8385ZcaAC1-EbZGAI2pUCJLe13ocY8Q0jKOoR84MDNKnaNyuLEhVKOs

20 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

It seems fishy that the double points won't accrue if you received a C&A discount. They automatically apply the discount (no matter how large or small) when you book if you provide a C&A number for one or more passengers. The only way to avoid a discount would be to book without the number attached and then add it later - extra work.

I agree. The discount is minimal for my sailings (2). The extra points I would get do not equal what I would have earned with my 2 sailings that were cancelled in July and the Dec. cruise I L' & S'd. It's frustrating as I would have been diamond after this coming summer's sailing. Now... who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not sure what "named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates" means though?  @Matt @Sharla @michelle?

Not all group or charter cruises earn points.  It depends on the group that arranged the contract.

We think of group cruises as one thing but from their perspective it's a different meaning.

I think this is just saying that select charter bookings will receive double points, not all charters will.  

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not all group or charter cruises earn points.  It depends on the group that arranged the contract.

We think of group cruises as one thing but from their perspective it's a different meaning.

I think this is just saying that select charter bookings will receive double points, not all charters will.  

Thanks @twangster!  No mention of applied C&A discount not being combinable....

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Thanks @twangster!  No mention of applied C&A discount not being combinable....

That's how I'm interpreting that as well. I also just read the combinability statement below your quoted area and there's nothing there either. It doesn't state it cannot be done, but it also doesn't state it can be done. Ugh. 

11 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

That's how I'm interpreting that as well. I also just read the combinability statement below your quoted area and there's nothing there either. It doesn't state it cannot be done, but it also doesn't state it can be done. Ugh. 

I did not think that combinability section below that applied to Loyalty 2x Points.  I was under the impression that they were talking about KSF, BOGO60, Summer Kicker, and Instant savings in that section.  But I am still lost.  Going to wait for the dust to settle just like what @twangster said.

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

Celebrity has much more specific verbiage on their site. Veranda and above, no extra points for solo cruisers, classic members and above. 

Want to be sure I'm reading those last two clauses correctly. They are saying "no extra points for solo cruisers, and only applicable for classic members and above", right? Meaning you have to have gotten at least a couple of points with X, can't be a brand-new member with zero points. Though that makes me wonder how they'd treat people like me, who haven't yet actually sailed with them but got a few CC points through PowerUp points and am now Classic level. How about people who have gotten their CC level via cross-honoring from Royal or Azamara and otherwise also have zero points?

18 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Final word!

The way I read that site "Loyalty 2X Points applies to new, individual, and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates, and existing bookings made prior to October 19, 2020 on all Eligible Sailings."  

Every one almost should be able to get the 2X points.  Right?

16 minutes ago, PaulRC said:

The way I read that site "Loyalty 2X Points applies to new, individual, and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates, and existing bookings made prior to October 19, 2020 on all Eligible Sailings."  

Every one almost should be able to get the 2X points.  Right?

Everyone who has sailed Royal before.

50 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Want to be sure I'm reading those last two clauses correctly. They are saying "no extra points for solo cruisers, and only applicable for classic members and above", right? Meaning you have to have gotten at least a couple of points with X, can't be a brand-new member with zero points. Though that makes me wonder how they'd treat people like me, who haven't yet actually sailed with them but got a few CC points through PowerUp points and am now Classic level. How about people who have gotten their CC level via cross-honoring from Royal or Azamara and otherwise also have zero points?

Celebrity and Azamara have combined their loyalty programs.  Sail Azamara and those points will appear in your Celebrity account as if you sailed Celebrity and vice versa.  Log into Azamara now, if you have PUP from Celebrity you should see the same point total in your Azamara account.

If your X account says "Classic" you should be good for the points promo.  You are a classic member.  That's my interpretation.  

When I first sailed X my SetSail pass literally said "Preview".  If that 1st X cruise was in 2021 I'd get no promo points (absent of PUP).  If you printed an X SetSail pass today your's should read "Classic" not "Preview".

How I'm reading it is if you have a special rate that's not just their regular rates you don't get the double points. So if you're in a group but not paying group rates you will still get the points. Sometimes we can add people to groups even at FIT prices because there are bonuses (OBC for example) so I believe those count.

And it's not double points for everything- it's double for most rooms, but suites are 3 points per night not 4.

Just got off the phone with RC and I was told that my cruise does qualify for the 2x points automatically  I booked my cruise on 9 Oct.  The RC agent told me that you do not have to call it will be added.  I am sailing with 2 friends and when asked he again told me they would get the 2x points with out having to call.  So that's good!

21 hours ago, Snowchaser said:

Serious question, how many perks do people really use now that are tied with each tier?  It seems way back when when we were gold status that we received a coupon book with lots of good freebies but in recent years and at a higher status we rarely see any perks we can use.  Just wonder if this is really a selling point or if it more of a strictly personal status?

For me i had a momentary rush a few years back when i first started getting the balcony discounts ... then they made that non-combinable with the "sale of the day" so i really didnt use it much.

Later i was excited to get the Diamond Lounge and the Diamond Drinks ... except that then we got drink packages and the discount ahead of time is almost always more than the Diamond discount so basically nothing from that either.

I think i get a free picture still ??

This perk has me looking at cruises for 2021 even though i said I wouldn't book anything till this Covid crap is over.....?

There are some good deals for next fall so might be willing to book a cruise or two. I still hate the idea of Royal potentially holding thousands of my $ for something that still may very well not happen.

During the Thanksgiving/Black Monday sales in November...do they ever waive or reduce the deposit amount for bookings? 

37 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

During the Thanksgiving/Black Monday sales in November...do they ever waive or reduce the deposit amount for bookings? 

For the past few years the only place where deposits were reduced was on board at NextCruise.  Given the need for cash flow right now I'd be surprised to see reduced deposits.  If future bookings were way off I could see them looking at deposits as a means to induce more bookings but I suspect once they release more into 2022 bookings will increase. 

I'm surprised they aren't releasing 2022 early because I think there is pent up demand and hopes that 2022 will be much closer to normal.  By waiting they risk folks waking up to the fact that 2022 may not be back to normal just yet.

Holiday related promotions have tended to be focused on cruise planner items or "sales" like 60% off second guest.

Celebrity has sometimes featured reduced deposits.  Historically their client base hasn't "churned" bookings over and over like we see on RCI.  If reduced deposits are important keep an eye on X although as stated for cash flow purposes even X may not go there right now.