Is it November Yet?

JLMoran

Anyone else counting the hours (minutes? seconds?) until we can finally see the 2022 itineraries and make some fresh plans that actually have a good chance of happening?

I know we don't get them all at once, and I might be waiting until late in the month to finally see the Northern Europe / Med / Alaska options. But dammit...

SHOW ME THE ITINERARIES!!!!

do folks feel it is realistic that cruises out of the US will return in 2021? Does the science support that? Even IF a vaccine comes in early 2021 CDC is saying that it wont be very ready for wide distribution until mid to late 2021. I do not see the cruise industry opening in a meaningful way until that happens. Thoughts? 

5 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

do folks feel it is realistic that cruises out of the US will return in 2021? Does the science support that? Even IF a vaccine comes in early 2021 CDC is saying that it wont be very ready for wide distribution until mid to late 2021. I do not see the cruise industry opening in a meaningful way until that happens. Thoughts? 

I do think cruises will operate in 2021 but not like they used to.  That will be 2022 or 2023.  Cruising in 2021 will see mitigation safety protocols in use.

I was really looking forward to the new schedule but have a number of cruises booked out to Mar '22, but with the drip-drip-drip of  bad vibes from CDC, continued border shutdown with our neighbors, and the lack of seeing ports opening, I'm just going to sit on what we have until I see some new life out there  - Singapore 1st of course would be a positive move forward.   The 9%+ stock drop today wasn't exactly encouraging.

At this point in time I know that cruising as I know it will not be be like I know it, but at this point I do not care!  I will gladly cruise even with the changes, even my worst cruise is better than my best day at work!  I will just be happy to not have to make dinner, cook, clean, shop for groceries, or keep everyone entertained!  There aren't going to be enough changes that will ruin the experience for me!  

@Lovetocruise2002, let's hope that's accurate for Royal's sailings at least. When I saw that, I went and tried to do some Googling and see if I could find anything similar for Celebrity. But all I found was a CC thread from Sept 21, where one of the posters claimed that a group of TAs had a conference call with X on the 18th and asked that very question (what is the expected schedule for 2022-2023 itinerary announcements?). The reply was (allegedly), "possibly March of '21, but that could change." ?

@Sharla, @michelle, @AnnetteJackson -- any of you able to confirm or deny the above? I realize this is quite probably codswallop (love that word!), but would appreciate any reassurance you might be able to offer.

Gotta love serendipity (or would this be synchronicity?) -- Just got an email from my TA a few minutes after posting this. Celebrity to announce Alaska and Europe itineraries weeks of Nov 9 and 16! ??????

On 10/27/2020 at 10:43 PM, JLMoran said:

@Lovetocruise2002, let's hope that's accurate for Royal's sailings at least. When I saw that, I went and tried to do some Googling and see if I could find anything similar for Celebrity. But all I found was a CC thread from Sept 21, where one of the posters claimed that a group of TAs had a conference call with X on the 18th and asked that very question (what is the expected schedule for 2022-2023 itinerary announcements?). The reply was (allegedly), "possibly March of '21, but that could change." ?

@Sharla, @michelle, @AnnetteJackson -- any of you able to confirm or deny the above? I realize this is quite probably codswallop (love that word!), but would appreciate any reassurance you might be able to offer.

Gotta love serendipity (or would this be synchronicity?) -- Just got an email from my TA a few minutes after posting this. Celebrity to announce Alaska and Europe itineraries weeks of Nov 9 and 16! ??????

thanks - love the _____ above, did not know we could do that
Yep Alaska 2022 November 9th and Caribbean Nov 16th is what we have seen

On 10/18/2020 at 7:56 PM, JLMoran said:

Anyone else counting the hours (minutes? seconds?) until we can finally see the 2022 itineraries and make some fresh plans that actually have a good chance of happening?

I know we don't get them all at once, and I might be waiting until late in the month to finally see the Northern Europe / Med / Alaska options. But dammit...

SHOW ME THE ITINERARIES!!!!

I'm more inclined to be excited about the new itineraries based upon the expiration (although still highly controlled) lifting of the no-sail order.  I really want to see how the early ones go (even the "simulated" cruises) before starting to fill that '22 dance card.

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

I really want to see how the early ones go (even the "simulated" cruises) before starting to fill that '22 dance card.

The itineraries I'll be looking at will be starting at high $ out of the gate, and only getting more expensive the closer it gets to sail date. Since I'm only booking one cruise for that year (on X anyway) Will start off by just getting a couple of holds while I figure out which one we'll do, then I'll put down a refundable deposit on the winner. No more money into the sailing until it's final payment date or slightly before.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:26 PM, JLMoran said:

Thanks for the confirmation, @michelle! What have you heard about Europe? I thought that was what was coming on the 16th, but is it actually further out than that?

yes, I think Europe will be December or later.  They just have too many ships moving and not enough to go on into 2022 for Europe yet

Keep watching their announcements, hoping its not too far out

So the first itineraries for Alaska have come out -- only on Royal so far -- and while I found a couple of possible itineraries to put on the board, I figured I'd at least run the general ideas I had past the family. Kept it simple, with 3 questions:

1. Alaska or Mediterranean?
  2. Mediterranean or Northern Europe (Norway / Iceland / Scandinavia)?
  3. Northern Europe or Alaska?

And the overwhelming response from everyone was....

MEDITERRANEAN!!! PLEASE!!!

So all that time I spent looking at Alaskan options was... kind of wasted. But at least now I can just focus my energy where it really counts.

In 2 more weeks. ?