SilverSea Origin... built for the Galapagos

twangster

I was recently watching a Celebrity webinar on the Galapagos which opened my eyes to this exciting destination and other options within the Royal Caribbean Group family.  I quickly discovered a brand new ship that SilverSea built specifically for the Galapagos, the Silver Origin.  

The Silver Origin is a clever name since the Galapagos are known for Charles Darwin's famous book, The Origins of Species.  

The Galapagos is a unique bucket list destination.  Access to the Galapagos archipelago is strictly controlled and the few lines that operate there must confirm to controlled and approved itineraries.  These ships are unique in that they never dock, not even to embark or debark passengers, the Galapagos are that strictly controlled.  

SilverSea is known for luxury and you don't have to spend much time looking at the marketing material to see that Silver Origin fits the SilverSea brand very well.  It's an all suite ship with capacity for 100 passengers and a crew of 90.   The ship is so new that she hasn't carried passengers yet.  The pandemic spoiled the Silver Origin inaugural sailings but there is hope they can start soon.  Until then these marketing video from near the end of her construction are all we have:

https://discover.silversea.com/on-board/silversea-welcomes-silver-origin-to-the-fleet/

Deck 3: The Marina and Basecamp

Deck 4: The Restaurant and Explorer’s Lounge

Decks 5 and 6: Spa, Fitness Center and Suites   

Deck 7: Upper Deck, The Grill and Observation Lounge

Silver Origin provides a truly all-inclusive experience.  Short of spa services there is little on board that isn't included.  

It's amazing to me that the Royal Caribbean Group has such a broad spectrum of cruise products in the portfolio.  The Galapagos is not an inexpensive destination but there are a lot of reasons behind the scenes why it isn't mainstream mass market cruising.  As I began thinking about this incredible destination I was pleased to discover that SilverSea was within my budget for this extraordinary bucket list experience.  

In the coming months I hope to experience the Silver Origin myself and to bring this beautiful baby ship to you right here on RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com.