New Years Eve 2021 on the Allure

We have cruised over New Years.  It's a lot of fun!  Actually looking to do it again in a few years.  Some of the things that set it apart from a regular sailing is that on New Year's Eve, there are usually many little parties in different venues of the ship and a main party to countdown in the promenade.  The MDR usually has a special menu that might and party favours are given out.  Not sure how Covid will change all of us, hopefully the situation is better by end of 2021.  I blogged that sailing right here.  There are pics of menus and special events in the blog.

We've done a number of holiday cruises that combined Christmas + NY.  We loved doing those extended cruises.  Unfortunately, it seems that Royal is no longer doing the double holiday mix.  That's unfortunate.  I love cruising during the holidays.  The ship is very festive, everyone is in a celebratory mood and there are lots of activities.  It's pricey to cruise during the holidays, but it is worth it, IMO.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We've done a number of holiday cruises that combined Christmas + NY.  We loved doing those extended cruises.  Unfortunately, it seems that Royal is no longer doing the double holiday mix.  That's unfortunate.  I love cruising during the holidays.  The ship is very festive, everyone is in a celebratory mood and there are lots of activities.  It's pricey to cruise during the holidays, but it is worth it, IMO.

Do they hold over the Christmas decorations or redecorate?  I have friends that sail the holidays for the photo ops with the decorations.

My first ever cruise was on a NYE trip on Vision and it was lots of fun! We were exhausted but were happy to have party hats & hanging out around the ship. Its one of the only photos we have ever purchased was a group shot they got of us on the night all dressed up with top hats and tiaras LOL We had a special meal that night in the MDR that was more intricate than the regular "formal night" dinner. Would do it again if I could convince the family ?