Allure of the Seas sailing ?

Neesa

When I booked the Allure for August 1, 2021 she was supposed to be amped. Now of course she is not and the sailing price is very high. My question regarding your thoughts, would you sail her or wait for the amp? Note, We have never sailed her before but the 7 day itinerary may be better spent elsewhere.

I thank you for your input. It's our 29th wedding anniversary celebration sailing. We have been together for over 31 years and will be travelling with our soon to be 15 year old daughter.  She came as a very delightful late in life surprise! Ah honey,we have a situation.....lol!

I would (and am !) sail on Allure as-is with no problem, but I do understand that if you were expecting water slides and Playmakers and now they're not going to be there, that you might be disappointed.  As a matter of fact, I have 5 cruises booked on Allure between March and November 2021.  Maybe she will get amplified during that time (doubtful) but it doesn't matter to me.  I don't do water slides anyway and Playmakers is not a deal breaker to me.

36 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I would (and am !) sail on Allure as-is with no problem, but I do understand that if you were expecting water slides and Playmakers and now they're not going to be there, that you might be disappointed.  As a matter of fact, I have 5 cruises booked on Allure between March and November 2021.  Maybe she will get amplified during that time (doubtful) but it doesn't matter to me.  I don't do water slides anyway and Playmakers is not a deal breaker to me.

Guessing we're going  to need a lot of sailing under our belts to generate the cash necessary to restart all the capital projects across the fleet.  Maybe a 2+ year delay on all the improvements across the fleet?  

We are booked on Allure for March 2021 with our two kids (12 & 14).  While we are all disappointed she didn't get amped, that still does not deter us from sailing her.  I totally agree with @Matt on this one.  If there are things like the waterslides or certain restaurants that you had your heart set on, then maybe pick something else.  If not, she's still an Oasis class ship with all the standard features that make that class fantastic!

I was on the Allure March TA which was supposed to be the last cruise before the amplification.  She was in great shape, I never felt like there were signs she absolutely needed a refresh.  I would sail her again tomorrow if they'd let me.  

While she doesn't have slides that also means that Boardwalk balconies still have a great view aft without the Abyss slides blocking their view.

Still has a Sabor too.  Yum.   

Allure was our first Royal cruise with our kids (10 and 6 at the time) and we had the best time.  Love the ship.

I'll echo what others have said...if slides (water and non-water) are a requirement for you, then I would switch to another Oasis class.  But otherwise, Allure is amazing from the neighborhoods, meal options, atmosphere, to the shows and activities and has the wow.  

Keep checking for price drops-with Sale with Confidence, you can reprice up until a few days before departure.  If others feel like you do, you may some significant money.  I am the opposite.  I have a sailing on Allure booked for January 2022 and I am hoping she will not be amped by then.  I want a chance to experience the original feel of an Oasis class ship.  I also really want to try the Champagne bar-they seem to be disappearing across the fleet as ships are amped.

13 hours ago, PaulRC said:

When you do a back to back cruise like that do you keep the same room?  Do you have to get off the ship and re-check in?  Just curious.  

You can keep the same room if its available.. If not your cabin steward will move everything to your new room.. Yes.. Technically you have to disembark so they can get down to a zero count.  When we did a B2B on Harmony, they led us off the ship.. through customs and back on.. There's always a meeting for consecutive cruisers where they let you know where and when to meet, if your getting off the ship for any reason. and the process for Re-boarding..  Honestly I wasn't impressed with how it was handled on Harmony.  Guests were already getting on before we cleared customs.. 

20 hours ago, PaulRC said:

When you do a back to back cruise like that do you keep the same room? 

When you book a B2B cruise it is booked as two separate cruises that have no connection to each.  The only way to get the same cabin is to book the same cabin for each sailing IF it is available for both. 

When you book far in advance there is a good chance you will get the same cabin.  If you book close to sailing it's highly unlikely you'll get the same cabin.  Sometimes I book one cruise in advance then at the last minute a few weeks before the cruise if the rates are good I'll book the next cruise.  In that situation I have to move cabins.   They will not ask other booked guests to move to accommodate a consecutive cruiser.

• 2 months later...

We've got a 7 night booked on the Allure in September 2021, and hoping with everything I have that we can go ahead. 

We got an ocean view balcony for the two of us at a steal and I know we will never see those prices again. And since we will be travelling all the way from South Africa to Orlando, there's a lot to rearrange should we need to. 

Hoping for the best for everyone's cruising!

On 1/8/2021 at 1:29 AM, KirstenCapeTown said:

We've got a 7 night booked on the Allure in September 2021, and hoping with everything I have that we can go ahead. 

We got an ocean view balcony for the two of us at a steal and I know we will never see those prices again. And since we will be travelling all the way from South Africa to Orlando, there's a lot to rearrange should we need to. 

Hoping for the best for everyone's cruising!

I see your traveling to Orlando, Is not Allure of the Seas sailing out of Port Everglades ?

Because we're on Allure in December sailing from Fort Lauderdale. 

On 1/7/2021 at 9:44 PM, KWong said:

That is the usual terminal for the Oasis Class. There is an info board telling you what ship is where when you enter the port, just in case. 

Is there a Website showing the Info Board for Port Everglades ? 

4 hours ago, DD474 said:

I see your traveling to Orlando, Is not Allure of the Seas sailing out of Port Everglades ?

Because we're on Allure in December sailing from Fort Lauderdale. 

I needed to double-check but Port Canaveral it is on October 24th to 31st 2021 on Allure.  Looks like Nov 8th is the first one out of Port Everglades.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just booked Allure out of Port Everglades on 12/19/2021.  Pretty decent price on a CLS.  Short cruise but for the price it's not bad.  And I have tons of FCC to use up lol.

@WAAAYTOOO @twangster wanna come along? lol

I wish we could. We are already booked on Symphony for 12-23 out of PoM.  We would disembark Allure on the 23rd and have to get to Miami the same day to board SY.

You're right though. Good price. 

Thanks for the invite.