Oasis class private functions

J_Keeble

Hi all

I'm getting married next year on harmony of the seas September 26th voyage. i looking to book a venue onboard to have an evening reception on day 6 which is a port day at around 6pm for 3 hours.

has anyone ever organised anything like this? i know you have to go through the groups department but any further info would be great

maybe @Matt has some knowledge ?

7 minutes ago, J_Keeble said:

Hi all

I'm getting married next year on harmony of the seas September 26th voyage. i looking to book a venue onboard to have an evening reception on day 6 which is a port day at around 6pm for 3 hours.

has anyone ever organised anything like this? i know you have to go through the groups department but any further info would be great

maybe @Matt has some knowledge ?

Congrats !! Royal Caribbean will make it special. See their attached Royal Weddings brochure and you can also call them with any questions you may have.

royal-weddings-brochure.pdf

2 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Congrats !! Royal Caribbean will make it perfect. See their attached Royal Weddings brochure and you can also call them with any questions you may have.

royal-weddings-brochure.pdf 4.13 MB · 0 downloads

thanks!

I've seen this brochure many times and will be getting married independently at our destination on day 6.

and then I'm after booking a private venue for a reception for example 3 hours from 5-8

2 minutes ago, J_Keeble said:

thanks!

I've seen this brochure many times and will be getting married independently at our destination on day 6.

and then I'm after booking a private venue for a reception for example 3 hours from 5-8

Give them a call and they will pass a couple of ideas by you and make the arrangememts for you. I attended a wedding cermony and reception on Oasis two years ago and it was awesome. Royal was spot on with every detail.

9 minutes ago, J_Keeble said:

my TA is on the case but they've said they cant do functions after 5pm which seems a little odd ?

This is probably due to the ratio of fee to book vs possible revenue lost when a venue is closed to the public after 5pm is too high. You also have to consider that many venues at that point have entertainers possibly booked, cruise compasses that are printed ahead of the time, many factors.  Congratulations on your wedding, and I hope you do work out your reception!

Thinking for a moment it could be the time of day is an issue due to staffing commitments for regular duties.  An evening event likely coincides with peak demand for crew regular duties.  Bars are all open, dinner is in full swing, it's diamond happy hour, etc.  A mid-afternoon reception doesn't compete with the peak of the duty day for crew. 

When I asked the Hotel Director on Empress about the lack of a diamond evening event on that ship one issue was taking crew away from regular duties.  It takes a minimum of 3 crew to execute happy hour.  On a small ship with a small crew she didn't have the resources without impacting service elsewhere on the ship.  

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Thinking for a moment it could be the time of day is an issue due to staffing commitments for regular duties.  An evening event likely coincides with peak demand for crew regular duties.  Bars are all open, dinner is in full swing, it's diamond happy hour, etc.  A mid-afternoon reception doesn't compete with the peak of the duty day for crew. 

When I asked the Hotel Director on Empress about the lack of a diamond evening event on that ship one issue was taking crew away from regular duties.  It takes a minimum of 3 crew to execute happy hour.  On a small ship with a small crew she didn't have the resources without impacting service elsewhere on the ship.  

thanks for that twangster, a good insight. all I want is a Dj to play some music and a barman or two to take drink orders that will be paying for per guest for 3 hours and a few nibbles paid for by myself PP

Several years ago, we were on Explorer (a family cruise -- celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, teens getting close to graduating HS), and Mom allowed DH & I to have dinner without the group one night (she paid, dinner was a command performance!) since one of the celebrations was our 25th anniversary. While in Portofino's, there was a table of 15-20 people that was  a wedding reception -- B,G, attendants & parents -- wedding in Puerto Rico that day, & dinner in the specialty restaurant -- but no dancing or anything, just a big table, presumably dinner & drinks paid for by the B&G or parents.