Port of Miami Hotels

DublinFC

I've stayed at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay and it was a decent hotel.  Walking distance to restaurants and a grocery store to pick up wine/water/soda to bring onboard or any last minute things you forgot or didn't want to pack.

I made some comments about the hotel (with bad photos) at the beginning of my Thanksgiving 2019 live blog here:

Not a hotel with a view, but this is the one we use for Miami departures.  Its close to the port and there are plenty of restuarants in the area withing easy walking distance

COURTYARD MIAMI DOWNTOWN/BRICKELL AREA

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

The Kimpton Epic is right next to the Intercontinental, has rooms with a view of the  port, is beautiful, and doesn't command the price of the Intercontinental.  It may be worth checking out.  It's where we stay every time now.

Yes, another vote for the Kimpton Epic.  We stayed there August 2019, before our cruise on Symphony.  The room had a small balcony with a fun view of the Miami River; I enjoyed watching all the traffic on the river.  Whenever a drawbridge opened, it causes chaos on the roads. 

We got upgraded to a junior suite, so we had a nice sitting area to relax.

If you have an Amex Platinum card, they do participate in the FHR program, so we also got breakfast included and a $100 F&B credit.

1355581429_epic-1.thumb.jpeg.243b302a82401d1cc7ce97227c43cd74.jpeg

• 2 months later...