MEI TA Recommendation

CJS2766

Hello all,

After booking many cruises on my own, I have sen the errors in my way. It seems like many of you have had nothing but good things to say about your MEI TA. With that in mind, even though I am sure all of them are great, is there one that you recommend? Does location matter? If so, I am located in Virginia.

I am wanting to book  my first ever Alaska cruise for 2022 and want to make sure I do it right and get whatever help I will need since I'm a newbie to the Alaska cruises.

Thanks all!

Carlos

41 minutes ago, CJS2766 said:

Does location matter?

Location no longer matters when dealing with a TA since most no longer operate out of a physical location.  They will respond to phone calls, emails, texts, etc, whatever is the most comfortable way for you to communicate.  I'm sure others will chime in with their specific MEI TA recommendations, but you will find that any of the ones that you would be assigned to from the Get A Free Quote sidebar on the main page of the blog should be very well versed in Royal Caribbean cruising.  You aren't married to a specific TA.  If you don't happen to jive with one for any reason, you can always choose to go with a different one.

I highly recommend @Sharla. She is always responsive and personable. She answers inquiry and requests in record time. I totally jive with her. My many specific requests and criteria don't seem to phase her one bit. Her knowledge has saved me money. She price checks and sends emails with savings when successful. 

706 742 5358

SharlaM@ MEI-travel.com 

I’m so glad that I went with MEI back last October. I had always booked direct but we’re doing a bucket list cruise next year to the Med and I needed an experienced TA for all that it entails. 

I use Sharla and she’s been great. We had a symphony cancelled in May and took the FCC and OBC. Rebooked for October which is now cancelled. She got our OBC reissued and FCC applied to next May symphony. 

Highly recommend! 

On 10/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Michelle Cunningham is in VA if it matters.  She is really good....but I have not heard anything but positives about all of the MEI agents.  They REALLY earn their commission (which is paid by the cruise lines...not us).

[email protected]

703-986-0661

I'm very happy with Michelle also, especially during this Pandemic situation

On 10/9/2020 at 5:15 AM, sk8erguy1978 said:

I used the affiliate link here and was assigned Kathy Geiger, she's been great. [email protected]

Since you're open to whomever, I'd say use the affiliate link. I'd suspect @Matt gets a little kick back to help the site. Plus you wouldn't have to choose :).

I use Kathy ? as well, very good. Very responsive and helpful

John

On 10/8/2020 at 7:52 AM, CJS2766 said:

Hello all,

After booking many cruises on my own, I have sen the errors in my way. It seems like many of you have had nothing but good things to say about your MEI TA. With that in mind, even though I am sure all of them are great, is there one that you recommend? Does location matter? If so, I am located in Virginia.

I am wanting to book  my first ever Alaska cruise for 2022 and want to make sure I do it right and get whatever help I will need since I'm a newbie to the Alaska cruises.

Thanks all!

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

The short answer is that location doesn't matter. Any of us can definitely help you. Just let us know you location/time zone, and we can accommodate you ?

We have been cruising for many years and until last year I always booked everything myself. Thank goodness before Covid I started using Michelle at MEI and I couldn’t be more pleased with her. She has done an unbelievable job for us through all these cancellations, FCC’s, Refunds and Rebookings.  She’s on top of everything happening at RCI and answers emails etc very promptly, including weekends.  Also others are correct, location doesn’t matter, she’s in VA and we are in Texas.  

13 hours ago, BarbieBell said:

We have been cruising for many years and until last year I always booked everything myself. Thank goodness before Covid I started using Michelle at MEI and I couldn’t be more pleased with her. She has done an unbelievable job for us through all these cancellations, FCC’s, Refunds and Rebookings.  She’s on top of everything happening at RCI and answers emails etc very promptly, including weekends.  Also others are correct, location doesn’t matter, she’s in VA and we are in Texas.  

Hi Barbie Bell
I agree it doesn't matter where you are based. I live in Thailand and have excellent service from MEI (Kathy)always responds in a very timely manner.
John ?

I have to say, the thought of using a TA had not occurred to us until we saw the idea on Matts YouTube advising of the benefits.  Previously and currently, we use the website directly after booking onboard.

It is too late now for our current booking, but we have agreed the next one, which we will probably book onboard (I hope) will go through MEI.