Allure - Jan 24/2021 - non-refundable deposit

raahc

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well, and keeping safe!

I've been out of the loop for a while ...

We booked this cruise in January 2020, before the pandemic started, and I should have booked a refundable deposit (too late, so sad).  I can't stress about that anymore, it's a lesson learned.

Our final payment is due the last week of October.

Like most people, we only booked with Allure because of the amplification. 

Our TA is keeping me up to date, but I'm definitely not interested in a future cruise credit with RCI. 

I believe we will lose our $500 deposit.  ?

Is there any hope things will change in the next two weeks?

Be well ?

2 hours ago, raahc said:

Like most people, we only booked with Allure because of the amplification.

We booked Allure for March 2021 (also upon release two years ago) mainly because we thought she would be amped.  The fact that she didn't get amped would not stop me from sailing her.  What will stop me is our borders being closed and possibly quarantine still in place.  I have until mid-December to decide....

2 hours ago, raahc said:

Is there any hope things will change in the next two weeks?

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that things will change.  Since Royal has pushed out their Cruise With Confidence program, most of the terms have remained pretty consistent and the only way to get a full refund without a refundable deposit is to make the final payment for the cruise and then have it canceled by the cruiseline.

The good news here is that if you cancel with Cruise With Confidence, you will get the full $500 credit towards rebooking another cruise whereas prior to the pandemic a cancellation would have resulted in you losing $100 per person.  You may want to look into a Lift and Shift and push the cruise out to January/February 2022.  (Might I suggest Harmony January 16, 2022 - sail with me! ?)  This way you will maintain your current rate that you booked and it pushes out your final payment a bit.  Either way you are either going to lose the $500 or have it tied up, but at least a L&S lets your decision come further down the line.  

We decided to L&S our April 21 cruise to April 22 because of all the uncertainty floating around.  We actually saved some money and I would hope by 2022 everything is back to normal.  I would highly recommend looking into L&S, some people have gotten ridiculously awesome deals switching ships and upgrading rooms and paying the same rate.  Can't hurt to try it!  Good Luck!

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We booked Allure for March 2021 (also upon release two years ago) mainly because we thought she would be amped.  The fact that she didn't get amped would not stop me from sailing her.  What will stop me is our borders being closed and possibly quarantine still in place.  I have until mid-December to decide....

Time is going by so fast, I hope it works out for you!

11 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that things will change.  Since Royal has pushed out their Cruise With Confidence program, most of the terms have remained pretty consistent and the only way to get a full refund without a refundable deposit is to make the final payment for the cruise and then have it canceled by the cruiseline.

The good news here is that if you cancel with Cruise With Confidence, you will get the full $500 credit towards rebooking another cruise whereas prior to the pandemic a cancellation would have resulted in you losing $100 per person.  You may want to look into a Lift and Shift and push the cruise out to January/February 2022.  (Might I suggest Harmony January 16, 2022 - sail with me! ?)  This way you will maintain your current rate that you booked and it pushes out your final payment a bit.  Either way you are either going to lose the $500 or have it tied up, but at least a L&S lets your decision come further down the line.  

Unfortunately, my husband can't bid for his vacation dates until late January, early Feb of each year, so we have no idea when, or if, we want to cruise again.  

We were on Harmony this past Feb.  I hope you will enjoy her!

We thought about the L&S as well, but we won't be able to pinpoint a date before final payment.  

Thanks for reminding me of our options!

9 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

We decided to L&S our April 21 cruise to April 22 because of all the uncertainty floating around.  We actually saved some money and I would hope by 2022 everything is back to normal.  I would highly recommend looking into L&S, some people have gotten ridiculously awesome deals switching ships and upgrading rooms and paying the same rate.  Can't hurt to try it!  Good Luck!

That's amazing that you were able to save some money! Thanks for your response!