Celebrity stateroom question

bjstrand

Hello all,

Yes I know this is a little off location but with many more readers here than in the Celebrity forums I thought I would have a better chance of answering a question here.

I am scheduled after lift and shift for Jan 2022 sailing in Celeb Summit and I have one of the special balcony rooms #6053 that jig at the ship transition in the front. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with noise due to the extended exposure to the hallway and walls this room has. I am not worried about the common elevator areas but any bumps into the wall of our room and the location of the bed right on the other side of the exposed wall. I would hate to give up the extended balcony but will if there is more risk to disturbance in the room proper. Thanks.

142929031_roomlocation.png.781db50fe3cd34b4e88017beba39c6c8.png

I have not sailed on Celebrity yet, although I really want to once we get a COVID vaccine. I have sailed on other cruise lines (Royal, Carnival, Norwegian) where there is a “bump” like in this picture and did not have any noise issues. Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, bjstrand said:

Hello all,

Yes I know this is a little off location but with many more readers here than in the Celebrity forums I thought I would have a better chance of answering a question here.

I am scheduled after lift and shift for Jan 2022 sailing in Celeb Summit and I have one of the special balcony rooms #6053 that jig at the ship transition in the front. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with noise due to the extended exposure to the hallway and walls this room has. I am not worried about the common elevator areas but any bumps into the wall of our room and the location of the bed right on the other side of the exposed wall. I would hate to give up the extended balcony but will if there is more risk to disturbance in the room proper. Thanks.

142929031_roomlocation.png.781db50fe3cd34b4e88017beba39c6c8.png

We were on Summit last year, and to be honest we felt she was a pretty quiet ship.  You won't find as many kids running up and down the halls, and the only thing I can think of is maybe a wheelchair hitting the corner?  But I really don't think it would be too much of an issue.  Not a lot of drunken folks to bump into the walls late night either.  We had a pretty "young" crowd on our sailing and our hall was always quiet.