Encouraging news......

Jill

2 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

God news for your friend but really has zero connection to Royal or any of the other ocean going lines. A fully domestic, river cruise company is not under the same CDC rulings and restrictions as the rest. 

I thought the CDC ruling mentions any cruise ship with more than 250 capacity.  NCL operates U.S. flagged vessels with American crew that are domestic and not subject to the PVSA but are subject to the CDC order.  Ocean vs. river isn't a CDC qualifier.

6 hours ago, Jill said:

My friend, the hotel director, is now onboard American Countess (newest river ship). He said “wishing all my industry friends the best, we will all be back soon!”

????

I’m not sure what to make of this comment. Wishful thinking? Insider info? No details so doesn’t help much. 

2 hours ago, Oliver said:

I’m not sure what to make of this comment. Wishful thinking? Insider info? No details so doesn’t help much. 

It helps in the sense that this cruise company wouldn't bring back a high paying HD position unless they were getting close to restarting.  While the American Queen Steamboat Company has nothing to do with Royal, small specialty cruise lines beginning to restart operations is a sign, a good and welcome sign that the smaller lines are making moves to prepare to sail.   

It's also interesting that the American Countess appears to fall under the 250 capacity cap the CDC listed in it's order. That means it can start once any state or local restrictions are satisfied without the CDC ban being involved.

If a small ship like the Countess can be successful here in America that's something the big lines can leverage.   

American Queen is part of CLIA, so they participated in the extension until October 31. 

The fact he’s back on board is promising that cruising in the US may begin in the near future. 

He was a HD with Royal for over 20 years with an Oasis class ship as his last assignment. He left in 2018 to fill in for a friend at American Queen and never went back. 

I’ll pick his brain in a few days. He still has many contacts at RC.