Is this normal? Any action I can take?

LCinPDX

Hi there.  I have travelled widely throughout my life, but I am going on my virgin cruise voyage in August '21 to celebrate my 50th birthday.  We chose an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise out of Miami, which was initially on the BOTS.  A couple of weeks ago they had a fantastic sale on drink packages and also some shore excursions.  I bought Unlimited Beverage Packages plus Voom for less than $1000 per person.  We also snagged a beach bungalow on Labadee for $175.  As many are aware, they swapped our ship for the Independence while keeping the itinerary the same.  In the process, they also cancelled all of our packages and refunded us.  When the deal was done and we were assigned our new cabins (which I am quite happy about), I wanted to re-book the things that were cancelled.  The bev/voom package was still "on sale", but we paid approximately $70 more total for the both of us.  The Labadee excursions were not even available anymore until a few days ago, but they have returned to the pre-sale price.  I am confused about why they cancelled our packages and when I contacted RC to see if the original prices would be honored, they said no.  Is this normal?  Is there anything I can do?  I realize that on the grand scheme of things my issues are minor, but with my lack of experience I wanted to check here to see if anyone had had a similar situation.  Thanks in advance! ?

Unfortunately the typical action is for them to cancel all cruise planner purchases when a ship or date change is made.  Only when you change cabins on the same ship and date are cruise planner purchases retained.

Once in a while you may see a report that someone managed to keep a purchase when changing ship or sail date but it's never happened for me.  Why they do this is not known other than some things are capacity controlled and pricing can vary for a number of reasons.  

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

Unfortunately the typical action is for them to cancel all cruise planner purchases when a ship or date change is made.  Only when you change cabins on the same ship and date are cruise planner purchases retained.

Once in a while you may see a report that someone managed to keep a purchase when changing ship or sail date but it's never happened for me.  Why they do this is not known other than some things are capacity controlled and pricing can vary for a number of reasons.  

Well, I have to say that this is the answer I was expecting.  It is disappointing, but I will keep watching prices. There is definitely time for that.