Next WOW Sale?

Royals marketing model lately is to always have a sale running. Right now free nights, but WOW will be back soon. But why wait? As long as the cruise is more than 90 days away just book now and if another sale offers a lower price cancel and re-book.

Thanks Todd... Great point. Only issue I have with that is we are using $1,000 in RC gift certificates. Not sure how canceling then rebooking affects that.

While it's good to be prudent (check any fine print and such), overall I'd say that's RC's logistic problem to work out if anything, and honestly, I wouldn't think the payment method would do much to change the process, T&Cs, etc.  I'd find it unlikely you could book a cruise with a gift cert and then be told that there is no changing or cancelling.

Edit: Upon further review, it doesn't seem the terms change much at all.  Point 5 makes it seem as if they're saying that other promotional restrictions will still apply, but that's it.

https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com/terms-rccl.html

The last one was in May: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/05/14/royal-caribbean-5-day-wow-sale-offers-60-their-second-guest-and-200-onboard-credit

Before that, we had one in Feb: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/02/18/royal-caribbean-5-day-wow-sale-offers-200-onboard-credit

Historically, there was a WOW sale in September 2015, so that might be the next time one could occur. Prior to all the BOGO deals, they used to have WOW sales about quarterly.

You don't have to have it for every day but you cant pick and choose the days. Once purchased you have to have it for the rest of the cruise.

Worth it or not is very much a judgment call based on your drinking plan :)

In general the breakeven point is averaging about 5 drinks per day ... mixed drinks tend to be around $10-$12 so 5 of them would have at around $50-$60 which is roughly the package per day.

If you enjoy specialty coffees and/or bottled water then picking a package that includes those makes your payoff a little lower.

Beers are typically $5-$6 but the beer only package is cheaper so the 5 per day rules is still close.

Royals marketing model lately is to always have a sale running. Right now free nights, but WOW will be back soon. But why wait? As long as the cruise is more than 90 days away just book now and if another sale offers a lower price cancel and re-book.

Always a sale running but no actual discounts

Matt, is the WOW sale and the BOGO the same? I've always heard that the WOW sale is their biggest

Not quite. WOW Sales used to be the promotion RC ran but they are not as big a deal these days.  WOW Sales typically offer reduced deposit and onboard credit. BOGO deals are more about taking money off the cost of the second passenger.

That is the most common one they run...the BOGO.....its usually about 90% of the "sales".....in-between they stick in the WOW sales and a few other promo's.

However, they all end up being about the same cost, and even sometimes a sale is a higher price.

Book what you want...and then just watch and if the price drops you can take advantage of it.

To do it the other way is a huge risk that you will miss out on the cruise booking you want and/or spend more for it in the end!

If I find my cruise for a lower price after I've made my booking, do they give me the difference in cash or on board credit?

Assuming you live in North America, it depends on how many days before your cruise it is.  

If you find a lower rate before final payment, you can re-book at the lower rate with no penalty.  If it is after final payment date, you cannot change the price without incurring a penalty, which usually negates any savings.

Assuming you live in North America, it depends on how many days before your cruise it is.  

If you find a lower rate before final payment, you can re-book at the lower rate with no penalty.  If it is after final payment date, you cannot change the price without incurring a penalty, which usually negates any savings.

The ALTERNATIVE to this, is that if a better stateroom category price drops after final payment, is that you CAN pay the difference between the two. 

For example, a month before my sailing on Enchantment last October, the price of an Ocean View room dropped to a few dollars more than what I paid for my Interior Cabin. I called Royal Caribbean, asked if I could switch rooms, and they told me it would be a whole $7 to make the switch... and then they'd be giving me $50 OBC :) Essentially, I got paid $43 to switch to a better room.

It's still worth keeping an eye out for things like that after final payment! 

The ALTERNATIVE to this, is that if a better stateroom category price drops after final payment, is that you CAN pay the difference between the two.

One suggested point of clarification: It's the difference between the currently posted price for the upgraded stateroom category and the price that was paid for the currently booked stateroom.

Some people see mistakenly look at the current difference between their booked category is now and the higher category and think that's what they pay.