Helium Balloon on CoCoCay

PPPJJ-GCVAB

While we all wait for that FIRST cruise to set sail...I still find it exciting to decide what excursions to choose!  Not sure I have ever seen this topic so I do hope I will receive a little feedback.  Has anyone chosen the Helium Balloon ride and if so could you please let me know if you think it is worth the time and $$.  I have checked out a few YouTube videos but I would prefer opinions from my fellow bloggers ?   Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, PaulRC said:

Is there a cost to the balloon ride I do not see it listed as an excursion on the Perfect day at....  Or is this one of those stand in line on the day you are there type of things?

Thanks
Paul

Yes there is a cost...currently on my cruise planner (I am on the Navigator in April 2021) it costs $65.99/adult and $38.99/child.  I got it on sale a few weeks ago for $43.99/adult and $25.99/child.   I believe it is about 30-40 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

About how many can go up at a time?  I imagine if still under plague rules they'll need to lighten the load a bit.

I think they are made by a company called Aerophile.  There is one at Disney Springs that holds 29 plus the pilot.  Not sure if there are different models.

https://www.aerophile.com/en/tethered-balloon/

Given that the North Star has announced capacity reductions it's logical that the CocoCay ballon will as well although North Star is encloded versus the open air gondola with the balloon.  

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

About how many can go up at a time?  I imagine if still under plague rules they'll need to lighten the load a bit.

True about "lightening the load".  My guess for the cut-off for each timed reservation (pre-COVID) is 15-20 people.  I am cruising in April 2021 and 9 of us all reserved the 11am slot.  I watched a you-tube video and tried counting the people on the ride...looked like 12 were on it and there was plenty of room.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

I think they are made by a company called Aerophile.  There is one at Disney Springs that holds 29 plus the pilot.  Not sure if there are different models.

Given that the North Star has announced capacity reductions it's logical that the CocoCay ballon will as well although North Star is encloded versus the open air gondola with the balloon.  

Pretty cool.  Thought it was unique to CocoCay.  The donut gondola is true to the company's French heritage.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:46 PM, twangster said:

Thanks for that link.  So the CocoCay Balloon is one of theirs and it does list capacity at 30 (just as you have noted for Disney).  So my guess will be when operating at reduced capacity 10-15 will be allowed on...tops!