Best Restaurants On Independence Of The Seas

Fox

4 hours ago, twangster said:

If you have the UDP try them all.  How many nights on board?

Food is personal.  If you didn't have the UDP you'd have to decide which to visit but with the UDP definitely try as many as you can.  

I'm leaning towards getting the UDP if the price is right. And it's a 6 night Caribbean cruse.

I agree with @twangster if you get the UDP, definitely try everything and get as much 'bang for your buck' as you can. If you decide not to do the UDP and just want to try a specialty location, I would recommend Chops Grille. Never had a bad meal there! Second choice would be Giovanni's Table. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Indy has Giovanni's, Chops and Izumi plus Izumi Hibachi.  

With a 6 night UDP you can try them all then decide which to return to.  I'm not a sushi fan myself so that's always a factor when I look at the UDP.   I'm not sure on the latest regarding Hibachi.  Some ships weren't keen on including it with the UDP but then it seemed to be included more consistently across the fleet for a while.  Unsure how that will look post pandemic.    

Chops has two favorite dinner choices for me plus a 3rd as a fallback that is pretty good too.  If everyone is a meat lover this is a lock.  There are some seafood options for non-meat eaters so it can accommodate that if required.  Giovanni's menu is a little more broad but within the Italian realm so it's good for a couple meals at least for my tastes.  If you like sushi then Izumi is a winner for a couple meals.  If Hibachi is included or a small uplift it's usually worth it for the entertainment factor.  

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Indy has Giovanni's, Chops and Izumi plus Izumi Hibachi.  

With a 6 night UDP you can try them all then decide which to return to.  I'm not a sushi fan myself so that's always a factor when I look at the UDP.   I'm not sure on the latest regarding Hibachi.  Some ships weren't keen on including it with the UDP but then it seemed to be included more consistently across the fleet for a while.  Unsure how that will look post pandemic.    

Chops has two favorite dinner choices for me plus a 3rd as a fallback that is pretty good too.  If everyone is a meat lover this is a lock.  There are some seafood options for non-meat eaters so it can accommodate that if required.  Giovanni's menu is a little more broad but within the Italian realm so it's good for a couple meals at least for my tastes.  If you like sushi then Izumi is a winner for a couple meals.  If Hibachi is included or a small uplift it's usually worth it for the entertainment factor.  

I appreciate the feedback!  I did want to hit the MDR at least once for dinner during the cruise, but I plan on spending the rest of my nights at the speciality restaurants!  ?