Who's going to be booted

Hopefully when everyone was cancelling or not booking for that interval RCCL looked at the ship and blocked off cabins availability  for purchase in anticipation of Lower capacity voyages. 

I thought they would also place crew in some cabins allowing them some additional space and no sharing, the limited sailings may not necessitate anyone being "booted" 

I am thinking positive for all here. I have limited expectations and would just be happy to sail. I will only drive to the port though, I personally would not add flying stress to this scenario. I am only participating in my comfort zone.  

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I will only drive to the port though, I personally would not add flying stress to this scenario. I am only participating in my comfort zone.  

I think you are absolutely right to plan only on driving. As I commented on the Boarding Denial thread on the main board, what would happen if you flew to a port and were then denied boarding because of testing positive at the port? You wouldn't be able to fly back home so you'd have to find somewhere to stay for (at least?) two weeks and also rearrange your homebound flight. That would be a nightmare. ?

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

I think you are absolutely right to plan only on driving. As I commented on the Boarding Denial thread on the main board, what would happen if you flew to a port and were then denied boarding because of testing positive at the port? You wouldn't be able to fly back home so you'd have to find somewhere to stay for (at least?) two weeks and also rearrange your homebound flight. That would be a nightmare. ?

Not only that but if you were a family of 4 with 2 cabins and only 1 of you tested positive, then what?

5 minutes ago, beachmama said:

I think we got booted. Just got a notification from RC that our 2 rooms on Anthem's Christmas cruise and our cruise planner items were canceled. Nothing yet from our TA and the RC appears to still be taking reservations for that cruise. I really hope this is a mistake!

@beachmama welcome to the forums! (and I hope it's a mistake!)

11 minutes ago, beachmama said:

I think we got booted. Just got a notification from RC that our 2 rooms on Anthem's Christmas cruise and our cruise planner items were canceled. Nothing yet from our TA and the RC appears to still be taking reservations for that cruise. I really hope this is a mistake!

You didn't fail to make final payment did you ??  

28 minutes ago, beachmama said:

Full payment was made a couple of weeks ago. And we had a ton of extras too (cabana, drink packages, etc). So they are getting plenty of revenue from our reservation.

hate when planner stuff starts coming in your email as cancelled and you have no idea why!  hope your TA figures it out

My guess on how the booting will happen:

Royal announces itineraries in mid October.  They are different than currently scheduled so everyone is canceled. When people rebook, Royal can shut down the process when they get the desired results. 

I hope this is wrong, but it's what I expect 

8 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Well I turned the dreaded 65 today so feeling VERY old!!!

“Dreaded”? Lordy, I’m hoping I can hit 59 1/2 and officially start retirement (or at least semi-retirement). Really looking forward to the day I can tell my employer I’m done working and going cruising for the next 25 to 40 or so years.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

“Dreaded”? Lordy, I’m hoping I can hit 59 1/2 and officially start retirement (or at least semi-retirement). Really looking forward to the day I can tell my employer I’m done working and going cruising for the next 25 to 40 or so years.

Joe,

Wait until you hit eligibility age for social security and Medicare. ?

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Well I turned the dreaded 65 today so feeling VERY old!!!

Happy Birthday!!  I turn 64 this Friday...not feeling too old yet...except maybe when my 5 grandkids leave after having done their schoolwork here all day (I just learned new math which was a real challenge!!!  ?)  I've got a second grader...third grader...fifth grader...sixth grader...and seventh grader. 

Can you see why I want to get back to cruising?????

3 hours ago, steverk said:

Royal announces itineraries in mid October.  They are different than currently scheduled so everyone is canceled. When people rebook, Royal can shut down the process when they get the desired results. 

This is what they did with the first TUI cruises in Europe. Sailings were canceled and then re-opened for booking. 

Hopefully with L&S they’ve been able to reduce capacity without having to do what was done in Europe. 

4 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Happy Birthday!!  I turn 64 this Friday...not feeling too old yet...except maybe when my 5 grandkids leave after having done their schoolwork here all day (I just learned new math which was a real challenge!!!  ?)  I've got a second grader...third grader...fifth grader...sixth grader...and seventh grader. 

Can you see why I want to get back to cruising?????

Oh I hear you.  Mine are seventh, sixth and fourth.  Told the sixth graders math teacher last year that NO ONE needs to be able to divide fractions and IF he did, there would be a computer to do it for him!!!

And thank you all for your kind wishes. Hope to meet each and every one of you one day!!

9 hours ago, steverk said:

I think this is close to right... And probably part of the reason they let people walk away with the kitchen sink during lift and shift. Only RC knew the sink was made of styrofoam.

Could be wrong though (and really hope I am).

On 9/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, JLMoran said:

We have just over 8 years till we hit this milestone.....our plan is the same as yours.

On 9/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, JLMoran said:

why wait till 59 1/2    why not sooner