Hotel Recommendations Near Cape Liberty Cruise Port

BarbieBell

We are supposed to sail out of Cape Liberty on the Anthem next April and will be flying into Newark airport. As we have not cruised out of that port before, can anyone recommend a nice hotel near the port?  I have checked online but there’s a lot of confusing information about distances from the airport to the port and various hotels.  I called the Marriott at the airport and they said it’s a 40 minute ride  but only 10 miles to the port and Uber or a taxi would be quite expensive.  Any info would be appreciated   ???

We sailed on Anthem Christmas 2019 and considered the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson but ultimately we decided to stay in Manhattan pre and post cruise.  The cruise terminal is in an industrial area so nearby hotel options are limited. Full size SUV cost approx $130 from Manhattan to cruise terminal.....had we not had sooooo much luggage transportation costs would have been much cheaper.  We scheduled a 9:30 am pickup on Friday Dec 20th and traffic was light. We arrived at cruise terminal shortly after 10am. We allocated 1 hour but it seemed traffic was light due to the start of Christmas vacation.  

We stayed at the Doubletree Suites in Jersey City which was a reasonable Uber/Lyft in both cost and distance from both the port and the airport.  It was walking distance to the PATH so you could easily venture into NYC and it was also walking distance to a lot of shops, restaurants, and even a grocery store.  

12 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

We stayed at the Doubletree Suites in Jersey City which was a reasonable Uber/Lyft in both cost and distance from both the port and the airport.  It was walking distance to the PATH so you could easily venture into NYC and it was also walking distance to a lot of shops, restaurants, and even a grocery store.  

I second this.  There are a lot of hotels near the Newport stop on the PATH train.  You can walk to the Hudson River and enjoy the view of Manhattan, there are stores and a mall right there in case you forgot anything.  A quick train ride will have you in Midtown or Downtown Manhattan.  Lastly, it is a convenient 20 min drive to the port and about the same to Newark.

Here is the area I am talking about.

• 3 months later...