What days to are best to eat at each of the upcharge restaurants

OutToSea

This is the group to help me out on this I am planning on getting the ultimate dinning package. What would be the best days in the trip to book the Upcharge restaurants
plan on getting some sushi snack and some late night snacks from playmakers. I like a good dinner the first night and we will probably go to the MD on lobster night

150 Central Park
Chops Grille
Hooked Seafood
Izumi
Jamie’s Italian
Playmakers Bar & Arcade
Vintages
Wonderland

Day 1        Departing from Miami, Florida hotels
Day 2        Sea Day
Day 3        Sea Day
Day 4        Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles
Day 5        Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI
Day 6        Sea Day
Day 7        Coco Cay, Bahamas, Royal Caribbean
Day 8         Arriving in Miami, Florida

Sounds like you have good instincts.  The basic rule is, if the specialty restaurant is open and they can accommodate you, you can eat there.  Of course, this is all pre-Covid...and none of us know what new restrictions, if any, they might impose...but these are the “rules” that have been in place before.

If they have later boarding, which seems inevitable, my guess is the boarding day specialty lunch is gone.  That’s a shame.  It was maybe our favorite perk of the UDP. 

You mentioned that you might go to the MDR on lobster night.  Don’t do it !  Don’t waste one of your specialty nights by going to the MDR just to get your lobster tails.  You can go to any specialty restaurant on lobster night and ask the waiter to bring you MDR lobster tails in addition to whatever else you may be ordering from that restaurant’s menu. This is a very common request and they expect it.  It doesn’t hurt to give them a head’s up earlier in the day that you plan on coming to the restaurant later and that you will be ordering the MDR lobster tail.  That way they will be prepared.  It’s just a common courtesy thing. BTW, this also works for any MDR main course menu item, not just lobster.  Dan loves the lamb shank, and on nights when they are serving lamb shank in the MDR he always orders it at whatever specialty restaurant we are in, on that night. Again, a head’s up makes it much easier on your server.

As far as reservations, it is best if you make all of your dinner reservations as soon as possible after boarding. As the week goes on, the specialty restaurants get more crowded and with likely reduced capacity, it’s going to be even more important than ever.  You can always make changes as the cruise progresses, but you may need to be flexible with dinner times.

Agree with @WAAAYTOOO, with the UDP, do not waste a night in the MDR. Also, are you in a suite? And is this a ship that has Coastal Kitchen? Because if yes, I would still do the filet night (usually night 1) in CK. IMO, they still have the best filet! And the appetizers that go with that menu are really yummy as well!

9 hours ago, OutToSea said:

nope not in a suite. I was hopping more for a idea of what days would be best to go to each

Ok, then I agree with what @twangster just said.  It doesn't really matter.  Menu stays the same at specialty.  And like @WAAAYTOOO said, don't waste a night in the dining room.

The only other consideration that we sometimes take in is formal nights.  For example, if it's formal night, we will try to eat at 150CP, Chops, Wonderland (for example) instead of somewhere casual like Izumi or Playmakers.

The last time I had unlimited dining I had my list prepared and hit the first table set up upon entering where you can make reservations.  It took a good 10 minutes to go through my list and for the crew to book everything.  Some people in line were moaning but what can you do?  

As the cruise progressed I made some changes both to times and venues.  It's a lot of food especially on days with specialty lunches available.  Those lunches are very close to the dinner experience minus some menu items so it's a big lunch.  On those days grab an early lunch and book late dinner times because it's food coma.  At 6pm I was still full from lunch.  Even on port days if you don't get an early lunch you might not be hungry at 6 or 7pm.  I ended up shifting nearly all my dinner times to 8pm except around shows.  

• 2 weeks later...