Room service charges

4 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

If they are going to be spacing tables further apart and disallowing multi-party tables I don't see how they will have room to handle the entire passenger contingent in the dining rooms.  I think they will have to encourage in-room dining.

50% of guests won't be on board.  Of that a certain percentage never use the MDR and some purchase specialty.  Personally I think "success" will be if 40% capacity is achieved on the first sailing.

Remember we can't just think of the state of things today.   As cruising restarts (at some point in the future) it will continually adapt and evolve.  There is no one snapshot to represent cruising from now until the virus is eradicated.  

I suppose they could revert to the old menu that didn't have the good stuff the new fee based menu does.

On the other hand, if guests are fearful to the point that in room dining is how they desire to isolate in their cabin then I'm wondering a little bit if these guests should consider shifting their cruise into the future.  I'm not trying to be aggressive or argumentative, just... why go on a cruise during the restart phase if the desire is to stay in the cabin most of the time?

I get it.  These are strange times.  The restart of cruising is going to be a strange time.  It won't be for everyone.  Time spent in a dining venue is minor relative to the time in all other aspects of the overall experience. 

If eating all meals in your cabin is the only way to be confident during the restart phase, you might want to consider delaying cruising until the future when the experience will be closer to normal.  

On 9/26/2020 at 12:44 AM, twangster said:

why go on a cruise during the restart phase if the desire is to stay in the cabin most of the time?

I completely agree. We knew some people many years ago that packed food in their luggage while traveling to Mexico because they didn't trust the food. I don't get it, but to each his own! ?‍♂️