NEW- ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES UPDATES TO 2021 SUMMER CRUISES

JT2

ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES UPDATES TO 2021 SUMMER CRUISES
Royal Caribbean Press Center News Feed 3min//keep unread//hide
MIAMI, Sept. 23, 2020 – Royal Caribbean International today provides an update to its 2021 summer cruises, announcing upcoming changes in itineraries and homeports. Tapping market research and valuable feedback from guests and travel partners, the cruise line has adjusted its schedule with the goal of providing guests with greater variety for their 2021 adventures.

Highlights of the updated summer cruises for 2021 include new 4- and 5-night Mediterranean getaways from Barcelona, and more island time in the Caribbean with ships sailing from additional, popular U.S. cruise ports next summer including Tampa, Fla. and San Juan, Puerto Rico.  

The new itineraries combined with Royal Caribbean ships and crew will deliver the signature vacation experience that guests know and love. Most importantly, the global cruise line is applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safer and healthier cruise vacation. 

Guests with confirmed bookings between April and November 2021 and whose cruises are affected by these changes are being notified directly. These existing bookings are covered by Royal Caribbean’s Cruise with Confidence program.

New Itineraries and Homeports

Europe

Adventure of the Seas, which was previously scheduled to sail from Copenhagen and Stockholm, will head for Barcelona to sail a mix of new 4- and 5-night Mediterranean itineraries to historic destinations like La Spezia and Rome, Italy; Ajaccio, Nice and Marseille, France; and Palma and Ibiza, Spain.
Jewel of the Seas, originally planned to homeport in Amsterdam and Barcelona, will now sail from Copenhagen and Stockholm on 7-night cruises calling on Northern Europe’s picturesque ports of Helsinki, Finland; Tallinn, Estonia; and Visby, Sweden.
The Caribbean

Independence of the Seas, originally sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. offering 3- and 4-night cruises, will now make the neighboring city of Miami her home for the summer season and offer a combination of 6- and 8-night cruises to the Southern and Western Caribbean, visiting far-flung islands including Aruba and Curacao.
Vision of the Seas¸ previously planned to sail from Barcelona, will sail from San Juan, offering a new summer program from the island of enchantment. She will offer 7-night Southern Caribbean itineraries to exotic destinations like Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis; St. John’s, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; and Bridgetown, Barbados.
Brilliance of the Seas will stay in Tampa for the summer offering a new drive to port for guests. She will sail 4-, 5- and 7-night cruises to the Caribbean, elevating Caribbean summer sailings from Florida’s west coast.
Royal Caribbean’s other summer 2021 cruises will sail on as planned in the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Visiting more than 200 destinations in over 50 countries with 27 ships in 2021-22, the cruise line’s summer 2021 highlights span the globe.

In Europe, new ship Odyssey of the Seas will join Anthem and Harmony of the Seas and make its debut in Rome to kick off its inaugural Europe season. Over in Alaska, the region will see the cruise line’s biggest season yet with four ships, including newcomer Quantum of the Seas. The warmer temps in the Caribbean bring travelers variety in itineraries, destinations and ships with newly amplified favorites like Mariner and Navigator of the Seas sailing 3-night weekend and 4-night weekday itineraries to The Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay, and Oasis of the Seas cruising from the New York area for the first time. In Asia, guests can sail aboard the region’s newest ship, Spectrum of the Seas, offering 4- and 5-night sailings from Shanghai and visiting Japan.

Royal Caribbean’s full list of 2021 summer cruises can be found here.

About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International has been delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel featuring the latest technology and guest experiences for today’s adventurous traveler. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to more than 270 destinations in 72 countries on six continents, including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the Perfect Day Island Collection. Royal Caribbean has also been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 16 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards.

Media can stay up to date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers can call their travel advisor; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.

10 minutes ago, Ray said:

Hopefully our 6 month lockdown that was announced last night in the UK

Whoa! I had read a few days ago how the UK's case counts were starting to spike again, along with some other European countries that had tamped the virus down early on. Wasn't expecting the response to be something so drastic, at least not this early on in the spike. No other mediating steps taken first?

R Rate is what it was in April so they have came up with new rules, schools and workplaces are still open however we CANNOT visit other houses, can only meet 1 other household at a time outside with a maximum of 6 people. If this does not stop the trend then other more severe measures may be introduced, this includes a complete lockdown as has been recommended by scientists for 1 month possibly over xmas and new year. 

Bloody idiots wont listen to whats being said and either go out partying or protesting etc ruining it for those that stick to the rules 

20 minutes ago, Tira04 said:

Yes, I had an email to say my Denmark cruise on Adventure has been cancelled.... That was to replace a cancelled Norwegian cruise. I think I'll wait this time and not rebook anything for 2021 just yet.....

Just had the same email, will be looking to change to a different itinerary as we don't fancy the Jewel.

Darn. There goes my corner GS on Brilliance. Indy doesn’t have one like that. Now what to do? I like the corner GS on Brilliance but I also like the 8 night itinerary. I could keep similar itinerary and let them move me to Indy, or keep the cabin and move to Brilliance out of Tampa. Any thoughts anyone?

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Darn. There goes my corner GS on Brilliance. Indy doesn’t have one like that. Now what to do? I like the corner GS on Brilliance but I also like the 8 night itinerary. I could keep similar itinerary and let them move me to Indy, or keep the cabin and move to Brilliance out of Tampa. Any thoughts anyone?

Unless the Brilliance itin out of Tampa is objectionable to you, I would just stay on Brilliance and keep the room you want.  Who knows where you'd end up on Indy.

45 minutes ago, Firefly said:

My June 19th 8 night Brilliance sailing still shows up in my planner, but the switch to Indy will make the kids happy. Just hope I can keep my cruise planner purchases since they are keeping the itinerary and simply replacing the ship. 

I'm on that sailing too.

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Indy has the very nice 2 bedroom gs aft.  You may be able to request those. 

53 minutes ago, MLH said:

Indy has the very nice 2 bedroom gs aft.  You may be able to request those. 

LOL!  Great minds think alike!  I had already mentioned this to my TA.  There is a very specific one I had in mind or I am jumping ship back to Brilliance, especially since they got rid of St. Lucia.

58 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

LOL!  Great minds think alike!  I had already mentioned this to my TA.  There is a very specific one I had in mind or I am jumping ship back to Brilliance, especially since they got rid of St. Lucia.

My tennis team stayed in the 2 aft ones on deck 6 and opened up the divider.  It was so nice to have such a large space and the upgraded interior   They all want to do it again.  For most of them it was the first time in a Suite.  Keep in mind the hot tub is not hot.  Just water.  It has no unit to keep the water hot.

From our TA this morning, as far as cabin placement. Brilliance to Independence, May 2021. 

"I'll be watching to see where they end up placing you though...The cruise line says there is really nothing to do until the assignment is made which should be done by the 28th, maybe sooner.

I think we have to wait."

Still waiting for my email from Royal regarding our 6/19 Brilliance sailing. My cruise planner doesn’t reflect the change yet. My only big concern now is that we had 2 side by side staterooms booked on Brilliance because our kids will be in one room with my husband and I nextdoor. Hopefully this doesn’t cause an issue when they move us to Indy. I thankfully have an awesome TA who will handle this for me if it’s an issue, but I will still be on pins and needles until the switch is complete.

4 hours ago, MLH said:

I received  a dollars Off certificate. Can I apply that to an already booked cruise that I booked with a ta?

If the cruise you already booked is one that is eligible for the $$$ off coupon, then yes, you can rebook and used the $$ off coupon.  Just be aware that they will reprice your cruise and if the cruise fare has increased enough it may negate the value of your coupon.  Never hurts to try though !

46 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If the cruise you already booked is one that is eligible for the $$$ off coupon, then yes, you can rebook and used the $$ off coupon.  Just be aware that they will reprice your cruise and if the cruise fare has increased enough it may negate the value of your coupon.  Never hurts to try though !

Thanks. We are in the quantum of the seas to Alaska and there are no more grand lofts available so maybe they won’t reprice. 

6 minutes ago, Morganno said:

ok anyone have any idea when they will post the new sailings online?

If I were in charge I would make no announcements until the sailings were posted. 

I'm not searching every day it's ridiculous. Was about to book but will now wait and see. 

E003103C-CBA8-4CDA-870C-AC788F80D639.thumb.jpeg.b1b5f52d961bc67965ceba4fe285c0bb.jpeg

23 hours ago, Firefly said:

My June 19th 8 night Brilliance sailing still shows up in my planner, but the switch to Indy will make the kids happy. Just hope I can keep my cruise planner purchases since they are keeping the itinerary and simply replacing the ship. 

Do you know for sure that the itinerary isn't changing?  The email we received for our Aug Cruise on Brilliance said that it would visit "similar destinations."