Nassau

jsheldon81

I am trying to find reviews and suggestions for excursions in Nassau.  I have been looking between Pearl Island and the VIP Blue Lagoon for starters.  I was also thinking about the resort for a day option and looking at RIU Hotel All inclusive vs British Colonial Hotel and Resort.  I know the British Colonial Hotel only gives $40 per paid adult food/beverage credit and the RIU food/beverages are included.  Is the $40 per person enough to cover food and drinks?

I know reviews are just that and it is really what amenities and interests are being sought out.  Just looking for some different information and people's past experiences with any of these.   

We did the RIU in December, 2018 and we loved it. It's within walking distance of Atlantis. Keep in mind that the RIU is adults only and it's booked thru a third party. You may or may not be able to do this depending on when your next cruise is and/or what the ships rules are pertaining to outside excursions when we start cruising again.

We've done Blue Lagoon Island twice - once with the Dolphin Swim and once just for a beach day. Both times we really enjoyed it. The island seemed super clean and well maintained, the staff was all very friendly and helpful and there were tons of umbrellas for shade. Just keep in mind that you have an approximate 30 minute boat ride to/from, so factor that in to your day. Sometimes if the ship is in Nassau for a shorter period of time it may not be worth the time it takes to get there and back.

20 minutes ago, Jacki_MEI said:

We've done Blue Lagoon Island twice - once with the Dolphin Swim and once just for a beach day. Both times we really enjoyed it. The island seemed super clean and well maintained, the staff was all very friendly and helpful and there were tons of umbrellas for shade. Just keep in mind that you have an approximate 30 minute boat ride to/from, so factor that in to your day. Sometimes if the ship is in Nassau for a shorter period of time it may not be worth the time it takes to get there and back.

Agree with this.  We had a really enjoyable time here too.