Cruise Planner Deals for November/December 2020 cruises

S.Marie

Hi all! I don’t want to jinx things but I am feeling slightly encouraged that the 2020 holiday cruising season may actually happen. ? 
Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

The new cruise planner sale has some really good deals but I am hesitant to buy anything (and have a bunch of $$$ tied up) until there is some indication that cruising (though limited) will resume in November. I plan to be on the 2020 Oasis thanksgiving cruise.

I foresee that if cruising does restart, many of the cruise planner items are going to go up in price and/or be sold out pretty quickly once the news is announced regarding cruise resumption. On the other hand, I don’t want to wait (and wait and wait) for a refund if the 2020 holiday cruises are cancelled. 

Are any of you planning to YOLO purchase cruise planner deals for your 2020 holiday cruises or are you holding off until we have word that cruises will resume in November/December?

2 hours ago, S.Marie said:

I foresee that if cruising does restart, many of the cruise planner items are going to go up in price

I believe this is 100% likely.  I fear that onboard prices are going to be sky-high.  At some point, the Cruise Planner prices are going to shoot up and stay there. I really don’t see any downside to purchasing CP items on sale.  The worst that can happen is that you get a refund or FCC if the cruise is cancelled.

@WAAAYTOOO and since these cruises are quickly approaching the 60 day countdown, I am not sure if there will be too many more big sales like this, especially if cruising begins again in November. 

I am really leaning toward YOLO booking all of the items I want in hopes that our holiday cruise sails..

.I Hope Please GIF by TikTok

I looked yesterday at the sales for our 11/29 Harmony cruise and saw nothing interesting.  Drink pkg at $49, but it's been that for months, mostly.  

What I am concerned about is the "you must take any excursions through RCCL" rule.   I have never taken a ship-sponsored excursion, as they are 

always so much more overpriced that I want to spend, plus I would so much rather get out and about within the port.  Matt mentioned that it is 

possible that prices will go down, but how much?  RC needs to make it worth my while.  I would really love to be able to go into port and spend my

dollars with the people who actually need the money the most.

35 minutes ago, Floski said:

What I am concerned about is the "you must take any excursions through RCCL" rule.   I have never taken a ship-sponsored excursion, as they are 

always so much more overpriced that I want to spend, plus I would so much rather get out and about within the port.  Matt mentioned that it is 

possible that prices will go down, but how much?  RC needs to make it worth my while.

IMO they only have incentive to raise the price of the excursions. Between limited spots on tours, and people who board the ship not knowing they have to book through the cruiseline, they hold all the cards and can charge whatever they want.

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Of course, Black Friday/Cyber Monday is coming up and historically there have been good sales around that time, but who knows what will happen this year.  Last year’s holiday sales were a dud.

@WAAAYTOOO yes- last year’s Black Friday/cyber Monday deals were not worth the time I spent hoping for good deals. But I am fine letting go of these sales if Royal (and the CDC) say that cruises are a go in November!

Hurry Up Waiting GIF by Desiigner

• 2 weeks later...