Back 2 Back and Covid testing

DanielB

With the new recommended COVID testing guidelines will Back 2 Back cruise options go away?

We are booked on Navigator in April and of course lots can happen between now and then but we are thinking for safety sake to go ahead and change to a 7 day cruise.

Thoughts?  Of course nothing is final yet and we aren't even cruising, figure it is better to change now and lock in a price than to wait.

33 minutes ago, DanielB said:

With the new recommended COVID testing guidelines will Back 2 Back cruise options go away?

We are booked on Navigator in April and of course lots can happen between now and then but we are thinking for safety sake to go ahead and change to a 7 day cruise.

Thoughts?  Of course nothing is final yet and we aren't even cruising, figure it is better to change now and lock in a price than to wait.

Excellent question.  Same situation in June and from Europe.   I expect the full Monty and maybe one of the cruises being denied.

1 hour ago, DanielB said:

Not clear on what you mean. Assume by Back 2 Back you mean two separate cruises such as one seven night itinerary followed by a different seven night itinerary, but on the same ship?

Or one itinerary on one ship followed by a second itinerary on a second ship embarking/disembarking at the same port (same or different cruise line)?

5 minutes ago, Gears said:

Not clear on what you mean. Assume by Back 2 Back you mean two separate cruises such as one seven night itinerary followed by a different seven night itinerary, but on the same ship?

Or one itinerary on one ship followed by a second itinerary on a second ship embarking/disembarking at the same port (same or different cruise line)?

1 ship, 2 different sailings....so a 4 day cruise followed by a 3 day cruise for us.  

30 minutes ago, DanielB said:

1 ship, 2 different sailings....so a 4 day cruise followed by a 3 day cruise for us.  

There will no doubt be nuances and details to be worked out. This is also a proposal document, not a firm implementation plan yet.

I have a hard time thinking they will discontinue consecutive cruises. After all, they know where you've been.

Personally, I would sit tight and let them tell you different from what you have booked if that ends up being the case. You will in all likelihood get something out of it if that happens.

Full disclosure, we're B2B in Feb/Mar out of San Juan. No intention of changing or cancelling anything by us.

My thoughts:

When you finish the first cruise of a b2b, you will be in the bubble.  All Royal Caribbean has to do is maintain that bubble during the between cruise period.  I'm guessing you won't be able to disembark and reboard, and clearing immigration will be tightly controlled.