What is your favorite memory from your last cruise you took?

Last September we did a B2B on Harmony..  We met so many cool people that have become lifelong friends and cruise friends.. That's 90% of what cruising is all about.. 

We cruised on Empress in 2018..  Struck up a conversation with some older folks who ended up being from STL like us.. As it turns out they knew my brothers..  One of the guys turned out to be my old high school buddy's dad.. I actually spent many nights at their house when I was a teenager...  That was pretty awesome to re-connect and become part of the "family" again lol 

Sailing past Gallipoli upstream on the Bosphorus, and thinking about the Anzacs, British, Indian , French and Turkish troops who were engaged in the futile and pointless campaign there in 1915.  And how many were injured and died, thanks to an idiotic idea from Winston Churchill.  Then going on into the Golden Horn, and seeing the beautiful Blue Mosque and the Haga Sophia in Istanbul, and wandering through that enormous bazaar and being stunned by the goods on offer; and sampling the baklava and Turkish delight; yum!

We were on Harmony's last sailing before the pandemic shut things down. The sailing before the one @Matt was supposed to be on (Sorry Matt!). We boarded on March 7, and things were still very calm with the virus in the USA. 

My favorite memory was sitting in the MDR the day before we were set to go to CocoCay, and Captain Johnny came on to make an announcement. We knew something was going on, but wasn't aware of how fast the virus was spreading on land.

Captain Johnny announced to the ship that Royal Caribbean would be shutting down operations. There was a moment of pause and we all were bummed, thinking that our trip was being cut short and we would be returning to Port Canaveral.

Then, a moment later, Captain Johnny said that because we were already sailing and had experienced no issues, we were clear to head to Perfect Day at CocoCay! It was a perfect day, indeed. As far as I'm aware, we were the last passengers (other than crew) to visit the island. It was quite a sight to see the island crew waving farewell as we sailed away that evening, not knowing when they'd see passengers again.

Here's hoping our double-dip trip in April is a go!

To add to my memories, I had "forgotten" about this one, but it's a fun reflection now. This was two cruises ago in 2019 on Anthem, when I tried my hand at the Belly Flop Contest. Needless to say, I didn't get my legs up and my less-than-stellar form hurt my score. Turns out it didn't hurt my belly any less, but the notoriety on the ship for the rest of the week, and my kids' hilariously watching the replays on the TV all week, more than made it worth it. My score was only a 2, but Dennis said I reminded him of the light inside of his refrigerator for that nice and bright complexion of mine. I did take that moment to let him know it looked like we wearing the same shirt, though. ? All in all, I'll take it. Haven't laughed like that and enjoyed something so foolish in a long time. Can't wait to watch someone else the next time!

bellyflop.jpg

This memory was on my last cruise... with @Matt.

It's late at a bar on the last night of the cruise.  There's a handful of Royal Caribbean Blog group cruisers present.  I have the drink package so I order one more Kraken and Diet Coke.  The bottle is nearly gone so I get a generous pour.  

Matt doesn't have the drink package but has a 10 drink card if I recall correctly.  He's been carefully allocating his drink orders to save his last punch for one more Kraken.  "Sorry" the bartender says.  "That gentleman there just finished the last bottle" (pointing at me).

The look on Matt's face is not something I'll ever forget.  It was like a kid opening a birthday present expecting that one thing they've been asking for all year only to look down and see a pair of socks.

mlb GIF by SB Nation

Price of the drink package: $322

Price of drink package gratuity: $58

Look on Matt's face: Priceless

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

This memory was on my last cruise... with @Matt.

It's late at a bar on the last night of the cruise.  There's a handful of Royal Caribbean Blog group cruisers present.  I have the drink package so I order one more Kraken and Diet Coke.  The bottle is nearly gone so I get a generous pour.  

Matt doesn't have the drink package but has a 10 drink card if I recall correctly.  He's been carefully allocating his drink orders to save his last punch for one more Kraken.  "Sorry" the bartender says.  "That gentleman there just finished the last bottle" (pointing at me).

The look on Matt's face is not something I'll ever forget.  It was like a kid opening a birthday present expecting that one thing they've been asking for all year only to look down and see a pair of socks.

mlb GIF by SB Nation

Price of the drink package: $322

Price of drink package gratuity: $58

Look on Matt's face: Priceless

Surviving that seems like a good test of friendship as any ?

Honestly, my favorite memory from my last cruise is laying on the balcony overlooking the ocean trying to get over my food coma so I could eat again. I dream of doing that again soon.

My favorite memory....Last December (2019) I took my parents on the Oasis to celebrate their 63 wedding anniversary.  We normally drive to Florida but this time I talked them into flying.  Note they had not flown in over 20 years.  What they did not know is that I booked us first class tickets!  We normally stay at holiday inn or such the night before. This time I booked us in the Mandarin Oriental Miami.  By this time they are just beyond happy.  As we left for the ship I kinda forgot to tell them that we were staying Star Class again.  It was the best cruise ever!

My favorite memory from the last cruise I took was in January on Mariner. We'd just been reintroduced to cruising, caught the  bug and had booked a few future trips for my husband and I but didn't have many we'd already taken. I managed to talk my cousin into going on a weekend Mariner trip for his 40th birthday and of course I had to come along, it was just the 2 of us. I'd been reading these boards and hearing about solo cruising and it really appealed to me since I have much more PTO annually than my husband, but didn't think I would actually go on vacation by myself.

My cousin ended up connecting with someone, I didn't want to be a 3rd wheel and the only time I saw him was at the end of the night so I got to experience what felt to me like the closest I'd get to a solo cruise. I had all day and evening to do whatever I felt like and it was glorious!

Ok I would have to say that there are two memories from our last cruise that were my favorites.  The first one was the first night that we had dinner at CK and how amazing the staff and food was! The second was pulling up at CocoCay and seeing all of the revisions for the first time! I was somewhat against both of them at first but QUICKLY changed my mind after experiencing both of them!?

7422D48C-A242-4583-9DF1-41C2D06AB8D8.jpeg