ICON CLASS UPDATE

17 hours ago, TheMaxRebo said:

Booked a Infinite Family Balcony stateroom for Presidents Week in 2024, Western Caribbean ... was excited to see this type of cabin added as we are a family of 5

I was excited too, did you have to call to book it?  I noticed you couldn't do 5 people online.

21 hours ago, IzzyB said:

I was excited too, did you have to call to book it?  I noticed you couldn't do 5 people online.

I used a travel agent but they did have to make basically two separate reservations that are linked - 4 people on one and 1 person on the other, but I see them connected on the trip planner 

I do hope if they are going to continue this trend of offering more rooms that fit more than 4 they make it easier to book a room with more than 4 people in it

On 10/29/2022 at 11:52 AM, TheMaxRebo said:

I used a travel agent but they did have to make basically two separate reservations that are linked - 4 people on one and 1 person on the other, but I see them connected on the trip planner 

I do hope if they are going to continue this trend of offering more rooms that fit more than 4 they make it easier to book a room with more than 4 people in it

Agreed, because Carnival and Disney both allow you to do more than 4 under one reservation online.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/11/10/7-new-things-royal-caribbean-leaked-about-icon-of-the-seas

"Located on the Royal Promenade, this is a bar that will be right when you walk onto the ship."

Might be dangerous  or at least annoying on embarkation day if there's a big logjam right there with people ready to get their drink on.

The eco mode concept is interesting.  I get the idea, but you risk having a lot of frustrated guests who get back to their cabin after a day of being away only for it to be stinkin' hot in there.

48 minutes ago, SuzanneM said:

To be honest it seems a bit too busy for me. I cruise for a relaxing time away from home where I don't have to cook or clean, with awesome views and falling asleep to the rocking of the sea. Just looking at that ship exhausts me. 😅

I can totally identify with this. Unfortunately, DH is the sort who needs to always have something to do, so the busier the better. Then, when he's worn himself out and falls asleep on a lounger, I can get my book out! 🤣

Seriously, though, the thing that most bothers me on the big ships is having to book everything in advance. I prefer to be spontaneous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Lexster said:

Hey all, haven't seen this anywhere, so figured I'd post something interesting I saw on the cruise planner for the inaugural Icon cruise. They have some restaurants listed now. No new ones that haven't existed, but you can see some regular favorites now.

Same ones listed for our 5/11 sailing... they are holding back obviously. Curious if there will be a 150 CP with the redesign of Central Park... I guess they would have to rename it because of the story behind the name.

19 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Same ones listed for our 5/11 sailing... they are holding back obviously. Curious if there will be a 150 CP with the redesign of Central Park... I guess they would have to rename it because of the story behind the name.

For sure, they no doubt have at least one new restaurant if not more. I'm really hoping for something out of the ordinary like they did with Wonderland. I'd like to have something I can't normally get on land. Like, I have decent Italian, Mexican, and steak places around me on land, so I'm hoping they try something unique. I think I mentioned it somewhere, but with the aqua theater being a large enclosed neighborhood now, I hope they have a dinner show or something like other lines have. That would be pretty cool.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...