ICON CLASS UPDATE

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I have a feeling they're blocking 2 passengers from booking into the cabins that can hold 3+ currently, and there are a LOT of cabins that can hold that many!

I was able to book a cabin that holds 4 at 2am this morning with just Hubby and I on the reservation....

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I noticed the reservation system doesn't ask for ages of kids anymore

I noticed that too - gotta wonder why. I know before they could technically put 2 adults + an infant into a 2 person room because the infant would be in a crib and wouldn't require an additional bed, but if the age of the kid was over 2, they had to be in a 3 person room.

1 hour ago, Susie said:

LOL!!!Yah!!! Still looking. Getting FOMO for sure.

Same, but have to keep telling myself all the reasons it's better to wait. That said - @Matt or anyone else have thoughts on future sailings past the current April 2025 dates? Do we expect Icon to remain in Miami for all of 2025 as well, or is it likely to head to Europe for the last half of the year?

35 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

Same, but have to keep telling myself all the reasons it's better to wait. That said - @Matt or anyone else have thoughts on future sailings past the current April 2025 dates? Do we expect Icon to remain in Miami for all of 2025 as well, or is it likely to head to Europe for the last half of the year?

I'm sure port LNG fueling infrastructure will be part of the decision on where it will (can) sail.

Woo hoo! YOLO booked it!  😎

We booked a midship OV balcony for 5/11/24 sailing (Western/PDCC) with my last Next Cruise Book Later reservation!

We've actually never sailed that specific itinerary since our 2021 Symphony sailing (same itinerary) was cancelled during the Covid shutdown. This sailing will be close to our 20th wedding anniversary (excuse we used 😆)! Unfortunately, Alaska will have to wait a little bit longer!

On 10/20/2022 at 9:12 AM, Xaa said:

I think one of the strong aspects of what I'll call the "redesigned boardwalk" is that in addition to being a great place for families with young children to conveniently stay in one area, for the rest of us, families with smaller children will remain in one known area that can be avoided.

I agree with this.  Putting the kids clubs within that kids area will really separate out the ship making it so kid-free adults will be able to enjoy the ship too.

On 10/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, Templecruiser said:

I don’t get that they call these family oriented. All the suites except star class only hold 4 in a room. There are many 5 in a family. So where does that leave them? 

They do have the new family room that holds 6, but it is not suite class.  I feel they want no kids in the Suites.

On 10/20/2022 at 12:33 PM, mha1125 said:

I'm super excited about so many things about this ship - but I think they missed on what families that travel in suites/prefer sky class want! Only the surfside family suites have separate sleeping areas for kids and none of them are ocean view. Why would I pay suite prices and not even get an ocean view? Couldn't they at least make a few of the sky class suites connecting?? Frustrating that there are so few suite options for parents that don't want to sleep on top of their kids...

I was disappointed in the suite options as I always am with RC.  Putting them at 4 cuts out my family of 5.

6 hours ago, Susie said:

I mean if I want to book the family cabin that can sleep 5 people? Look like cannot book online correct? 

This is so annoying.  I was SUPER excited that they finally allowed me to put all 3 kids in my booking on the same room only to hit the page where it says call RC.  This is a huge miss by RC and I feel if they want to cater to families they need to make their website better and allow families of 5/6 be able to book on their website in the same room.

Well Sharla worked her magic and has 3 cabins for our group of 3 couples in April. She got us a group rate. Our balcony cabin (brand new shiny Diamond Plus) is only $3280 with refundable deposit! That’s $800 LESS than our Wonder back in March. Excited to explore this ship and really hoping it’s a good experience for all cruisers and not just families

22 minutes ago, Jill said:

Well Sharla worked her magic and has 3 cabins for our group of 3 couples in April. She got us a group rate. Our balcony cabin (brand new shiny Diamond Plus) is only $3280 with refundable deposit! That’s $800 LESS than our Wonder back in March. Excited to explore this ship and really hoping it’s a good experience for all cruisers and not just families

Who is Sharla?

2 hours ago, Sharla said:

Susie email [email protected] or fill out the form on the right side of the page https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/ and someone will contact you ASAP.

Thank you for your reply. I will be on Anthem OTS this weekend. I will possible do "The Open end booking". I assume that I can transfer to MEI if it is not more than certain days, correct? Or I should put MEI as my agent right away?

22 minutes ago, Susie said:

Thank you for your reply. I will be on Anthem OTS this weekend. I will possible do "The Open end booking". I assume that I can transfer to MEI if it is not more than certain days, correct? Or I should put MEI as my agent right away?

Yes you can transfer an open end booking up to 30 days after it's booked. 

I still don't know what to do. We wanted to try a suite but all of the family suites (with separate cubbies or beds) only have a Surfside view. No ocean views. At least the Surfside Family Suite is Sky Class. If I want an Ocean view at a comparable price then it is a Junior Sunset Suite and those are Sea Class and I lose some of the benefits of Sky Class. I keep going back and forth and now I'm frozen with indecision. 

2 hours ago, billnye97 said:

I still don't know what to do. We wanted to try a suite but all of the family suites (with separate cubbies or beds) only have a Surfside view. No ocean views. At least the Surfside Family Suite is Sky Class. If I want an Ocean view at a comparable price then it is a Junior Sunset Suite and those are Sea Class and I lose some of the benefits of Sky Class. I keep going back and forth and now I'm frozen with indecision. 

If I can chime in, I'd save a suite for an older ship (and by older I mean literally anything other than Wonder and Icon) because the prices will be nicer on your wallet, and do some connecting or side by side ocean view balcony rooms on Icon. Just the opinion of a broke single person lol

On 10/1/2022 at 7:37 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

I just got off Navigator yesterday. I was so pumped to finally sail navigator and try out the blaster but ended up underwhelmed. While the concept seemed crazy the actual product was kind of meh. I much preferred the rip tide slide.

Hey!  I think you were the one that was asking if you could ride this solo... did they let you do that?  We're going this weekend, and I would probably have to ride it by myself (if allowed).  Thanks!

5 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

If I can chime in, I'd save a suite for an older ship (and by older I mean literally anything other than Wonder and Icon) because the prices will be nicer on your wallet, and do some connecting or side by side ocean view balcony rooms on Icon. Just the opinion of a broke single person lol

Thanks for your opinion. It's actually only my wife and daughter who would be 11 by the time we would sail on the Icon. I might just hold off till we sail on Freedom in December and see how that goes. I think I just wanted to have access to all the suite level perks on the new ship. 

24 minutes ago, eugene langlois said:

in the episodes for icon they show a part of the ship under construction. it is in a hanger an looks like a flying bridge but this does not show up on the icon.  is this for another ship or is it yet to be announced.  in all the episodes it is seen an in ep 3 it is painted white.   ??????

you mean off to the side disconnected from the main ship?

That's the bridge/ front of ship area. It'll go here:

image.png.7074e3b4df84e65f4d9f66bc8fec322f.png