ICON CLASS UPDATE

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Hmmmm no matter what date I choose, ocean balcony shows me the exact same cabins on deck 12 and the same infinite balconies on deck 9. That’s all that’s available period for all 3 sailings. Weird. 

Same issue here.  It appears that only opened some of the balconies for this launch day.  Not sure why...

39 minutes ago, berkeleykel said:

If you do a normal search it should come up as an option if you filter by ship.  May need to sign in first.

Normal search is open.  No sign in required.  Don't know why they state early booking available a day early for C&A when they open it up to everyone on the same day.

3 hours ago, Jill said:

Hmmmm no matter what date I choose, ocean balcony shows me the exact same cabins on deck 12 and the same infinite balconies on deck 9. That’s all that’s available period for all 3 sailings. Weird. 

I have a feeling they're blocking 2 passengers from booking into the cabins that can hold 3+ currently, and there are a LOT of cabins that can hold that many!

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I have a feeling they're blocking 2 passengers from booking into the cabins that can hold 3+ currently, and there are a LOT of cabins that can hold that many!

I was only able to book a deck 12 balcony room.  Hopefully down the line I can find something perhaps one or two decks lower?  It does seem odd that for all the dates I looked at before booking there are not a lot of rooms to choose from!  Can't possibly be that ALL THE DATES AND ALL THE ROOMS are booked already!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I was only able to book a deck 12 balcony room.  Hopefully down the line I can find something perhaps one or two decks lower?  It does seem odd that for all the dates I looked at before booking there are not a lot of rooms to choose from!  Can't possibly be that ALL THE DATES AND ALL THE ROOMS are booked already!!!!!!

They must be holding a ton of cabins back... they reported 738 Ocean View balconies on Icon... no way they sold all of them out months after the inaugural sailing on day 1 (I got the same result for sailings in MAY 2024... Deck 12 only).

image.thumb.png.e1cf0f02540a509132821846900ae7b1.png

42 minutes ago, Jill said:

Does anyone know if you can open infinite balconies between cabins like you can on regular balconies? I have a feeling the answer is no as balcony sidewalls I would imagine are solid

Doesn't look like you can... seems like it's effectively just an extension of the cabin with a large window that opens. They look really nice, but I'm not sure how they keep the heat out of the rest of the cabin with the window open. I'm assuming you lose the benefits of a traditional balcony which keeps the sound and heat out of the cabin with the balcony door closed.

46 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Doesn't look like you can... seems like it's effectively just an extension of the cabin with a large window that opens. They look really nice, but I'm not sure how they keep the heat out of the rest of the cabin with the window open. I'm assuming you lose the benefits of a traditional balcony which keeps the sound and heat out of the cabin with the balcony door closed.

It's not a balcony, it's a cabin with an opening window. They've had very mixed reviews on the Celebrity forums.

I booked this morning. I was able to get a Sky Junior Suite for a b2b the last week in September and the first week in October. I’m sailing solo and I didn’t think that the price was ‘outrageous’…just borderline high. I was lucky to be able to get the same suite for both sailings, so no changing midway through.
When I checked a few hours later, there was only one Sky Junior left on one of the sailings and the price had increased by over 30% to the ‘outrageous’ level.
Supply and demand at work.

I had my FitBit set to wake me up every 30 minutes last night to check to see if bookings were open.  And then I took a Benedryl because I'd been out to the farm and I was all kinds of wheezy.  So.....I slept through entire "prices not outrageous" portion of the booking.  Never once felt my Fitbit vibrate, which always wakes me up. 

36 minutes ago, BrianB said:

I booked this morning. I was able to get a Sky Junior Suite for a b2b the last week in September and the first week in October. I’m sailing solo and I didn’t think that the price was ‘outrageous’…just borderline high. I was lucky to be able to get the same suite for both sailings, so no changing midway through.
When I checked a few hours later, there was only one Sky Junior left on one of the sailings and the price had increased by over 30% to the ‘outrageous’ level.
Supply and demand at work.

If I wanted something other than the inaugural, there were definitely some "high but reasonable" options. That said, it's honestly for the best since my daughter can't do the slides yet, so we'll likely wait until Fall 2025 when we can guarantee she'll be tall enough to ride everything she wants to.

Wow! Went back in and checked a number of sailings in MAY 2024 that I looked at this morning and was able to select a cabin... cannot select your cabin now. Defaulting to Guaranteed Stateroom for the OV Balcony category... what?

Edit: May be a system glitch... ALL categories defaulting to guaranteed staterooms right now for me (Interior, Ocean View, Balcony).

image.thumb.png.18c9ce4d93dfb87f6a413fbc11e6484f.png

Also, suites sold out?

image.thumb.png.f87de63c9817062f6f5f291bd57caddd.png

16 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Wow! Went back in and checked a number of sailings in MAY 2024 that I looked at this morning and was able to select a cabin... cannot select your cabin now. Defaulting to Guaranteed Stateroom for the OV Balcony category... what?

image.thumb.png.18c9ce4d93dfb87f6a413fbc11e6484f.png

It's almost like they have halted sales... or their platform partially crashed.

Nearly everything is unavailable except for GTY OV and Int.